Quantcast

first time out on the big hit

Jan 20, 2006
high point
took the 2002 big hit pro out today and as soon as i stood up to pedal it felt like i was humpin my handle bars...it has the 24" tire and a 05 66 rc and the axle to crown is 23"...and most forks i see are like 22 or some even 21...but my rake totally sucks balls...i only have enough money to either do "07 transition dirtbag frame witht the 26" wheel" or a new fork...my question would be if i choose the frame is it still gonna rake out bad like the big hit even tho it has a
26" wheel instead of 24"...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
now im thinking with the 26" its gonna steepen the ha a little bit and take that slack out, but im not an engineer and dont know to much about geo so i could be totally off basis on this one. although either way you should get a new frame cause everyone knows that 24's are for bender wanabees.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
you can also use the other shock mount hole that will change your geo 2 degrees i think. they also have 26" wheel conversion kits as well, i think BETD sells them and they're cheaper than a new fork and/or frame. oh yeah, the 05 66 is one of the tallest single crowns ever produced, that's a problem that will follow you no matter what frame you ride.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Are you sure you have the bighit set in the steepest head tube angle position, I'm not sure about the 2002, but a lot of them have different HA settings. You can change it by changing you shock mounting position.

But...the dirtbag is a sweet bike too.