Quantcast

First time park riding on a DJ

kemosabe83

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
new jersey
This week i got myself an inexpensive 09' Haro steel Reserve DJ bike to ride indoor during my downhill offseason. I brought it to the skate park in Hackettstown, NJ and had lotta fun but also took many diggers. Any advice on how to turn 180 on a quarter pipe and come down without crashing? Is it like a bunnyhop 180 at my apex? I know its super generic question but i was doin something wrong, looking for tips.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
i found the best way to learn how to air quarters was to start by carving the quarter getting higher untill i start to pop out the top rather than trying to 180 hop.

kemosabe83

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
new jersey
I think i might be at hackettstown this sunday morning, if any other 26" wheels wanna takeover the place lemme know.
I agree that starting on those big quarters on a busy wends night was not preferable. I guess i'll practice on the non vert quarter, and practice those little 180 hops. I just seemed to get so tired doin those over and over... definetly goin to whip me into shape if i don't break my elbows in the meantime.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
yeah sorry, that was some pretty poor info. I'm used to empty outdoor half pipes and mini ramps. Turning up and trying to use a quarter during a busy session at a park probably won't help you learn or make any friends.

a flat bank or just riding with people better than you will see you get it pretty quick

kemosabe83

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
new jersey
Yea i definetly felt like a newb crashing in front of everyone there. It is a big difference from my dh background, but like anything i guess i just gotta practice. This time howerever, i'll wear elbow and knee/shin guards.