Quantcast

First time posting, long time rider

NCSUwolf

Chimp
May 10, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone, new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been riding most of my life, was really big into BMX when I was younger and finally got turned onto mountain biking about 5 years ago. I am a gearhead, I am a really big car guy (but that hobby can get VERY expensive), so my love for being outside has turned me to tinkering with my bike. I am from the Raleigh, NC area and was wondering if anyone knows of any good/reliable bike shops, I have been to Performance Bicycle Shop in Cary and All Star Bicycles in Cary (which I think is now closed), but I just wanted to get some opinions. I do have riding experience but I will be the first to admit that I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to advanced suspension systems and bike lingo :rolleyes: haha. Also, any suggestions on trails around the area? I hit up Umstead Park once in awhile but it gets old. Well, just wanted to say whats up to the RideMonkey world! Well, here is a pic of my current rig:

Attachments

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Welcome to RM. Nice ride. That thing looks burly.

You'll be able to find a lot of reading about suspension designs. You can use the search feature to find that stuff. Good luck on finding trails around your neck of the woods. I'm sure there are other monkeys around there that can help you out.
There are also some other car monkeys on here. I'm a car fanatic myself. I just don't have the time or money right now for a project car.