Quantcast

first time

idontknow

Chimp
Jul 14, 2004
hey whats up?
I was hoping to get some advice on 24 hour racing as i might be doing 2 of them this summer.

the Source Burn Energy Drink 24 hour challenge in NC
May 27-29
www.burn24hour.com

and the 24hrs of Cutler in New York
June 17-19
www.parkavebike.com

i wouldnt be doing them solo. I think a 4 man team. Advice on what to bring would be awesome. I was also wondering about how the racing is setup like does one member of the team do a lap and then another one does a lap and so on?

again any advice would be awesome.

thanks,
Chris

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Check out www.twenty4sports.com for all kinds of details. Just pick any event as the general info. in the "What to Bring/Expect" is the same for all of them.

As for the racing "set-up", you can go out in what ever order you like as long as each member does at least on lap. Some people do the traditional 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1..., some prefer to go 1-2-1-2-3-4-3-4-1. With 4 or 5 man teams, you're better off thinking of each lap as being a 1 hour sprint, as each team member will get 3-5 hours rest between laps. This is as opposed to doing a solo where it is truly an endurance event. Hope this helps and good luck!! :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll be running solo at the Burn, see ya there.

Other than the common sense things like food and shelter I would have to add bring a change of clothes for each lap, if you have extra shoes, bring'em. Also you will eat more than you think, lots of food and beer. If you are a light sleeper earplugs help seeing as though you will be camping next to people whos sleep schedule may not match yours. Other than that, pedal, pedal pedal pedal........

idontknow

Chimp
Jul 14, 2004
Westy said:
I'll be running solo at the Burn, see ya there.

Other than the common sense things like food and shelter I would have to add bring a change of clothes for each lap, if you have extra shoes, bring'em. Also you will eat more than you think, lots of food and beer. If you are a light sleeper earplugs help seeing as though you will be camping next to people whos sleep schedule may not match yours. Other than that, pedal, pedal pedal pedal........
beer would be nice but im not 21. Speaking of age i didnt see any age restrictions on the race websites...will it be a problem that my team is all between the ages of 16-18?

thanks

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Not sure about your particular races, you might have to give them a call.

For 24 Hours of Adrenalin events it's this...

"All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a release waiver. Additionally, all participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present on site for the entire duration of the event. Participants must be a minimum of 14 years of age."