Quantcast

First Year 7 Yearold!

baylee23

Chimp
Apr 20, 2016
Hey everyone. I have a 7 year old who's been racing about 6 months. He's placed 1st a few times and 2nd a few times at our home town track. He has a redline proline Jr. Bike. Im still learning so would anyone be able to give me advice on how to upgrade his bike? He pedals harder than everyone and they're flying by with hardly any pedaling. I know it has something to do with the teeth ratio? Help please! Thank you

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hi @baylee23 - I noticed you posted in the Support forum, which is really only for website related issues. I have moved your post to the Lounge where others may see it.

I agree with the two posts above, though, increasing the size of the front chain ring will give him a larger ratio and will move the rear wheel more with fewer pedal strokes. It'll also make it harder to pedal up hills, though, so don't go too crazy. Redline's website says that "stock" is a 38 tooth front chainring, maybe a 40 tooth would be the ticket? Or maybe another monkey can correct me - I was never much of a single speed rider.