Quantcast

Fit CR 24 bb spindle size?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
after wrestleing with my crank bolts, stripping the allen key holes I had to dremel one out and use an ez out on the other replaced them with better blolts I had but they are not flush
anyway original question is what is the spindle size 22mm or 19mm? I am looking to put better cranks on something in a 170mm

Last edited:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I went with polished Hollowbites and Odessey bb. stayed with 175s for better leverage. Upgraded to a Fly rear brake. Primo Alienator 30t chainwheel. Subrosa pivotal seat and Primo seatpost. Last will be the stem on order is a Primo Alienator stem then I will be done till I kill the wheels. Anyone know if it is worth doing the TI spindle for the cranks?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
IMO, not really. Unless you are trying to save EVERY last ounce, there are better places to take off weight first.
well I saved some weight at the seat setup, the cranks, the stem when I get it and little at the brake . Where else can I save some weight? Probably but ony after I destroy these. Maybe plastic pedals but kinda iffy on those. Bike is pretty much tweaked to the way I like it. Was just wondering about more weight savings.