Quantcast

fit vs. easern

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
two very different companies...fit is very trendy and well respected. they probably make some of the most solid products in BMX. Eastern from my experience is mostly good. i've ridden two of their BMX frames and have been happy, i also run one of their MTB rear hubs and it's awesome. but, they have some funky design ideas that i'm not so thrilled with like their low slung integrated seat clamp.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Fit has a great complete line up in 08. If I were looking at a complete I'd grab that Flow Street for sure, great price.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
... i also run one of their MTB rear hubs and it's awesome...
I was going to set up a wheelset with those hubs, because the 6 pawl sounded like it would make for quick engagement. I know it isn't going to be like a Hadley or a King hub, but how close would you say the feel is?

To add to the conversation, Eastern seems like more of a core company, but fit seems to have a lot of happy followers, BMX bikes are cheap if you don't like it, sell it and invest in a new bike.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
To add to the conversation, Eastern seems like more of a core company
:brow:

Eastern more core than Fit??? How do you figure? Fit is owned by Robbie Morales (old school bmx legend) and has frames made by S&M. Plus, they have a team full of some of the most respected riders to ever grace 2 wheels. It doesn't get much more core than that.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Not to hijack the thread, but Ive been looking at completes in teh $450-500 range and really like the look of the wtp beyond (I need a rear brake). I love the fit flow street but like I said I need brakes, whats the word on wtp? I'm really out of the loop on the bmx scene.

Sorry again about the hijack

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Cru, I thought Robbie sold the company, I met him a few times when I lived in Orange County, my friend who was a video editor at 411 BMX chilled with him. Not trying to say FIT isn't a sweet company, I am just super stoked on all of my Eastern products thus far and I was a huge Leigh fan back when I rode 20".

PS.
Did you ever see the the Props(VHS days) interview with Robbie when he lived at home and was a pro BMX racer? He talked about how his mom would call him on his "private" line as his alarm clock. Funny ****.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
wtp is legit. fits are solid, nice for the price too. former, you need to check out the team trail, street legitimate and worthy, $10 more than the street, but its got a brake. Eastern jane is hot ****e as well, worth the money thats for true

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
wtp is legit. fits are solid, nice for the price too. former, you need to check out the team trail, street legitimate and worthy, $10 more than the street, but its got a brake. Eastern jane is hot ****e as well, worth the money thats for true
I dont want the detangler though, heh.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I was going to set up a wheelset with those hubs, because the 6 pawl sounded like it would make for quick engagement. I know it isn't going to be like a Hadley or a King hub, but how close would you say the feel is?

To add to the conversation, Eastern seems like more of a core company, but fit seems to have a lot of happy followers, BMX bikes are cheap if you don't like it, sell it and invest in a new bike.
well i really haven't spent any time on a king hub and only a few seconds on a hadley, but all i can say is that the eastern feels solid. engagement feels really good. it also has a great sound. go for it..