Quantcast

Fitness in Afghanistan

disclosednot

Chimp
Jul 16, 2002
Asheville, NC
All right. I am deployed right now in Afghanistan. I can't really ride here but I am looking to stay in shape to ride road and cyclocross when I get back from Afghanistan. I do have access to a gym but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to keep in shape for biking so I won't have too much to start over when I get back. I have been hitting the exercise bikes but wanted to know what I can do further than that. Thanks in advance.

Josh :dancing:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, I do a 6 mile sprint on a stationary bike for cardio 3 times a week. I keep my heart rate at about 145 @ roughly 110 rpm’s. I know, I know, I could use a cross trainer thing-a-ma-bob elliptical with the handle kind of thingy (like my technical description?), but I figure if I’m riding, or going to ride, then the bike is the best bet. The bikes now a-days are all high tech and you can train for cardio, fat burn, hill climb just to name a few.

The point? Stationary bike is the best way to keep you in the saddle, and it helps with the muscle memory. That’s what my wife says anyway. She’s a Physical Terrorist……eeerrrr I mean Physical Therapist.

BTW, we thank you for your service! Keep up the good work over there!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I got a line on a bike shop over there, maybe they could help you...

Keep spinnin' on those trainers, stay low and come back home soon.

Mike