Quantcast

Five Days Left to Enter Bike Parks BC Contest

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

FIVE DAYS LEFT TO ENTER BIKE PARKS BC ULTIMATE SUMMER OF FREERIDE CONTEST

Over 100 Riders Vying For Votes To Win – Enter By June 14

On June 14 Bike Parks BC's panel of celebrity judges will begin sifting through hundreds of photographs and blogs submitted by riders explaining why they deserve the most epic season of stoke ever awarded.

The good news for mountain bikers looking to win the ultimate summer of freeride is the contest is open at www.bikeparksbc.com until midnight on June 14. The grand prize is a season pass at each of B.C.'s best bike parks: Whistler Mountain Bike Park, Silver Star Bike Park, Sun Peaks Resort, Fernie Alpine Resort and Mount Washington Bike Park. Plus, the winner will also get two lift tickets, two nights accommodation, two days of bike rentals, and a half day of expert guiding to share with a friend at each resort during the 2010 summer season; not to mention $1,000 to create the most epic summer road trip ever.

Bike Parks BC's panel of celebrity judges shared some insights on what they would be looking for in a winning submission:

Cam McRae, Editor of NSMB.e.MAGAZINE
So you want to come to British Columbia, the land of adventure - and the best bike parks in the world? Then you better learn how to spell. In all seriousness, I think originality, photography and story telling prowess are going to take the day. And spelling.”

Darcy Turenne, Pro Freeride Mountain Bike Athlete & Television Host
I'm judging 100 per cent on grammar. Just kidding...but it helps. Positive people are a must and if you really want to grab my vote, not much makes me happier than a story or a good joke.”

Harookz, Professional Photographer
I want to award the person who truly lives for, breathes for and dreams about riding every minute of their lives. Have you ever ditched a special date for never ending singletrack? Called in sick to rail the bike park on hero dirt? Who is the most dedicated rider out there??”

Mitchell Scott, Publisher of Kootenay Mountain Culture
We've got to see the passion. Feel the passion!”

Jordie Lunn, Professional Mountain Biker
No comment from Jordie, he was too busy riding his bike to check his email.

Riders can enter the Bike Parks BC “Ultimate Summer of Free Ride” contest until midnight, June 14. The public will be able to vote for their favourites to determine the finalists announced June 15. A panel of celebrity judges will then determine the winner and on June 19 someone's ultimate summer of free ride with Bike Parks BC will begin.

For more information and official contest rules and regulations about Bike Parks BC “Ultimate Summer of Free Ride” contest check out www.bikeparksbc.com. Don't forget to “like” www.facebook.com/bikeparksbc and follow @bikeparksbc on Twitter for all the latest news.

About Bike Parks BC
Formed in 2005, Bike Parks B.C. is a partnership of British Columbia's top all season resorts, Tourism British Columbia and the Western Canada Mountain Bike Tourism Association. Bike Parks B.C.'s resort partners offer the very best facilities and services for mountain biking found anywhere in North America.

Bike Parks BC partnership is managed and coordinated by the Western Canada Mountain Bike Tourism Association (MBTA). The goal of the partnership is to create greater awareness about the many mountain biking resort destinations found in British Columbia. Each resorts offers a full range of accommodation and service options, professionally lead programs, high speed lifts, outstanding trails and fabulous mountain scenery.