Quantcast

Five (Loreto), say it isn't so!!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yes it's true. Just got back from the hospital - a little deja vu. I have renewed my membership in the Broken Clavicle Club. I broke my left clavicle - same one I broke last November. It broke at the same spot. I have to see an ortho since the gap between the bones is pretty big and the doc thinks I may need surgery - hopefully get some cool hardware, like ti or something. I'm hoping that I'll be all healed up in time for Nationals at Mammoth since I've already qualified. But regionally for DH I'm out. For BMXing I'm out as well, so no State Plate for me this year - too bad cause I was tied for 4th.

Obviously I'm a little bummed out, but hey what can you do. I'm surprised at all the injuries to the PNW riders this year - some pretty good ones. 3 of the 4 members on our team are out. Heal up everyone!

Thanks to Randy, Mig (again) and Nolan for helping me out. I guess I'll be at the sidelines w/ Bibs...taking photos. So, look good everyone.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Thanks everyone - the worst part is that I also pulled my left hamstring so it's hard for me to move around.

The good thing - if there is a good thing is that since I broke it before I know what to expect the next 6 weeks or so.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Holy Cow! Riders injured left and right! I'm sorry to hear that Five! Heal up quick and hope to see you around even if it's just taking pics! :rolleyes:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Y'know, belonging to the BCC sucks! At least my clavicle wasn't broken in two! I'm nearing 4 weeks since my SST crash. I hope that I'll be back on the road in 2 more weeks, but I'll let the doc tell me that. The good news is that I've only gained back 5lbs since I got hurt. That'll come off quickly and I'll be skinny and fit again in no time!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
bikeguy100k said:
Y'know, belonging to the BCC sucks! At least my clavicle wasn't broken in two! I'm nearing 4 weeks since my SST crash. I hope that I'll be back on the road in 2 more weeks, but I'll let the doc tell me that. The good news is that I've only gained back 5lbs since I got hurt. That'll come off quickly and I'll be skinny and fit again in no time!
Glad you're healing well - now are you sure you want to get rid of the Bullit?

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Five said:
Glad you're healing well - now are you sure you want to get rid of the Bullit?
Yeah, I'm sure. I'm shifting the kind of riding I do to a slightly more tame level. I know I could get hurt doing any type of riding, but being hurt has shown me just exactly how important it is that I'm in good health for work and life, etc. I'll still be riding down at SST, but not going as "big" as I used to. I'll be replacing the Bullit with something still SST worthy while being a decent trail bike.