Quantcast

Five Ten Cyclones

I am looking for the five ten cyclones, anyone know when they are coming out? The flat version, the line king is out. I tried searching the five ten site, but, that P.O.S. doesn't have any info on them. 2011 is here, get the hell on with it five ten.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Likewise!

My old Adidas Hematomas are too precious for my hack riding under rough conditions anymore, so these would be an awesome alternative.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Likewise!

My old Adidas Hematomas are too precious for my hack riding under rough conditions anymore, so these would be an awesome alternative.
I'm just running my old XC shoes, Sidi D5s, on the big bike. They work fine but I'd love some ankle protection.

I will say that the durability on the Sidis is pretty much unbelievable. The ones I'm currently using on the DH bike are 6 years old, and look like hell but are still totally functional.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Those look great! I wish Shimano would follow the same aesthetic...

FWIW, I just got these cause they were really cheap. WAY more comfy than the Vans Warners I've been using, plus great ankle protection.

Function > form.

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I think I might prefer a pair of these;

Just like with flat pedals stack height is important. Those look like they might be kinda high in comparison to some shoes. That might just be the angle though.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Just like with flat pedals stack height is important. Those look like they might be kinda high in comparison to some shoes. That might just be the angle though.
If they use the same sole as the Minnaar, then yes it is thick, but the cleat is recessed quite deep into the sole. Much farther than Shimano's current DX shoe.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I think those Shimannos look better.
You can't keep trying to steal styles from the past, as cool as retro is, practicality is what cool grows from. Those Shimannos look more practical, as much as I usually hate that sort of style, and yes I cut the stupid lace saver off my Carvers.
If I clipped in, I'd rock those Shimanos.
The 5tens don't look bad, just too high. I'm going to cut my 5ten hi tops I have in storage down when I get em out.

Last edited:
The cyclones are out and available on the five ten website, I just ordered a pair today, I wish they had a beefier tread for the walk up to ride don't slide, but, that wont be a big deal unless it's sloppy or snowy. Those olympic nikes are hideous and who wants to ride a shoe from a crap company that rapes children and eats puppies?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
For clips, IMHO, the choices are simple.

MP66

Or the new AM45

Both get the awsome ankle protector + are really durable and decently good looking. They have 'neutral' styling. 5.10 got it great with the Intense shoe redux that was all black, but all those colors... The Minnaar or Hellcats look decent although the sole is giganticus.

Finally, the Vans Warner are also nice although I see them more as a BMX race shoe than anything else

Last edited: