Quantcast

Five Ten Freeriders fit?

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
I've been running 5:10 Impact highs for a while now, I don't really like the excessively curved/cramped toe box. The Freeriders look like they have a larger toe box. I wear 10.5 US in Vans, 10.0 in the Impacts, how do the Freeriders fit? True to size or a 1/2 size big like other 5:10 offerings?

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
I'm the same as you (10.5 Vans, 10 Impact) so if I remember tonight, i'll try on my Freeriders that I have sitting in a box, I'm pretty sure they're 10.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
I went from the Freeriders to the Impact Lows in the same size and felt that the Impacts were a much wider fit throughout. I would also add that my Freeriders went in on warranty because they self destructed after two rides.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
If you're a US 10 in an Impact then you should be the same in the Freerider. I have both and the fit is very close. A word to the wise though, if you pick up a new pair of Freeriders, make sure that they have the updated 1-piece sole. The 2-piece will come apart. I just got mine warranteed and 5.10 replaced them no questions asked.

Dawson308

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Roseville, CA
I've been running 5:10 Impact highs for a while now, I don't really like the excessively curved/cramped toe box. The Freeriders look like they have a larger toe box. I wear 10.5 US in Vans, 10.0 in the Impacts, how do the Freeriders fit? True to size or a 1/2 size big like other 5:10 offerings?
Freeriders are for FREERIDE only. You can't Bownhill in them or you will crash.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
I owned the "original" 5-10 Sam Hill shoes for 3 years until they wore out

recently bought the 2010 5-10 Sam Hill shoes, loving them!

in both cases, bought my "training shoe" (i.e. Nike Air) size of US9 in the 5-10s and found both pairs a perfect fit, with a generous toe box width and supreme comfort