Quantcast

Five Ten Minnaar?

Mudbike

Chimp
Jan 10, 2009
I emailed FiveTen earlier this week to check on status and they said the Minnaar will be available sometime in April.

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
speaking of 510's... how do they fit? are they true to size?
i have my eye on a pair of older rennies... but the smallest size available are 11's but i'm normally a 10-10.5

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I got some Vans Warners that I'm a little disappointed in. They aren't a total fail, but the cleats aren't as flush as my old 661's causing the "roadie shuffle." They're also maybe a little too stiff. (If that's possible.)

If they're an improvment on the Vans, I'm in...

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
i have my eye on a pair of older rennies... but the smallest size available are 11's but i'm normally a 10-10.5
I've been told they fit wide, but I have fred flintstone feet. I'm a 10.5 4E and I'm wearing an 11 comfortably.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
"...development time? < 1 month"

"...hope to do some testing soon"

I smell a marketing department 'brainwave' rather than a fundamentally good idea.

May turn out to work... may suck ass.

(Good money for GM though - and I've no problem with that at all - go for it)

(.... and I'll probably buy a pair too)

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Maybe im missing something......

But on a normal flat pedal with 5-10s its very difficult to twist your foot on the pedal. You need to twist your foot to remove them from clips. So could this hinder your pedal exit??

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
they might be slightly small to normal in size. I have some impact lo's in 10.5 and my toes are too close to the end of the shoe for mtb. I wear a 10.5 street shoe, and an 11 running/active shoe. I bought a pair of rennie's in 11 and they fit as well but give me a little more toe room for riding the bike.

Hope that helps...not sure if it will but I thought my 10.5s fit perfect until I started kicking rocks, then my toes hurt.

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
I just got the older Rennie model off of pricepoint a few months back. Length wise, they are true for me. I'm a 10.5 in most shoes, including the Rennie. However, like their namesake, they are wide.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
He collects information with his tentacles, so he can obtain more information about the industry than any other "super duper industry insider" could ever learn.
something like that,

the production shoe wont say minnaar on the velco strap, only because other pro riders want to run this shoe instead of the shimanos. there will be a little tag on the outside part of your foot under your ankle that will say minnaar.

also the sole will be about 2-3mm thinner to save height/weight. shoes are looking dope for sure! cant wait to get mine.

haha oops i didnt read that 5.10 link above until after i wrote this.

Last edited:

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I've been wanting to get a new skate-style clip shoe for dh for a while now. I was really excited on the way the shoe was first shown(vital) but the looks now really put me off. They look like a kindergartners shoe.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
God, I hope they actually make these in size 14, as the website says. I haven't been able to find a size 14 SPD DH shoe since the old Specialized Buzzsaws (and boy were those shoes made like crap).