Quantcast

Fix-a-flat

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I am not sure exactly, never used it but from what I understand it sprays a sticky substance into the tube. not sure if it would work with tubless, im sure it would, the only problem i could think of is the MESS it would create when you actually want to fix the flat... i think all it does is fill the holes.

speedbump

Chimp
Mar 27, 2003
Methow Valley, WA
Take it from a wrench who has changed tires with this stuff in it, you don't want it in your tires. It is the stickiest, messiest stuff ever. I've had people use it in tubes that had large splits in them and it is a pain to clean up the tire and wheel. I don't want to even think of what it would be like in a tubeless tire when it came time to switch tires.:(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
For tubeless tires superglue works great for fixing flats. Just locate the hole, let all the air out, pinch the tire to open up the hole and put a glob of superglue on it. I have done this with both UST and Stan's tubelss and it works great. I do not trust it as a permanent fix but it has always gotten me through a ride/race. The best part is that you do not have to remove the wheel or tire.