Quantcast

Fixie mtb

Sep 29, 2004
i know i posted this in the ss forum but its kind of dead so...
a guy i work with at my biek shop is gonna pick me up an old singlespeed frame with track spacing, so im planning to build up a fixie for xc this year.... but i might just go ss, but those level hubs look soooo money

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
OMG you are ****ing crazy! Try jumping on it! Or riding a techie descent.

I quess it owuld work in kansas though.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I've ridden one offroad, it was bad....of course I'm also drunk right now. More power to you if you can get it down a steep hill. I suggest smooth singletrack and flat terrain. Nice bermed corners are your friends. Just wait until you try dropping off something, you'll shat yourself. It's fun though, but I am not planning on doing it regularily.

The Ito

henrymiller

Monkey
May 4, 2002
Denver-A-Go-Go
ito said:
I've ridden one offroad, it was bad....of course I'm also drunk right now. More power to you if you can get it down a steep hill. I suggest smooth singletrack and flat terrain. Nice bermed corners are your friends. Just wait until you try dropping off something, you'll shat yourself. It's fun though, but I am not planning on doing it regularily.

The Ito
:stupid:

I second this. Not being drunk, I wish, but about the rest of the stuff. I did about a 1 foot drop on my offroad fixie and have never been so scared in my life. Techie descents are fun too.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Sir Happypants said:
i know i posted this in the ss forum but its kind of dead so...
a guy i work with at my biek shop is gonna pick me up an old singlespeed frame with track spacing, so im planning to build up a fixie for xc this year.... but i might just go ss, but those level hubs look soooo money
Why do you want track spacing? You'll limit the tire size you can put in back. There are quite a few 135mm fixed hubs available and SS frames in this size spacing are way more common.

Fixed off-road is serious fun. Jumping is the best, just remember to pedal in the air.

Sep 29, 2004
thats a good point i think we are just gonna grab a frame with horizontal dropouts and put a level ub in there
level hubs are the dirty dirty

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Sir Happypants said:
thats a good point i think we are just gonna grab a frame with horizontal dropouts and put a level ub in there
level hubs are the dirty dirty
Yep, look at my avatar. Been running the Level for several months. Rocks.