Quantcast

Fixing up duke, what seals and.......

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
ok pretty sure this is the right place to put it. my friend is gonna give me a duke xc fork that he seems to just hate. he only rode it for like 2-3 months and it started leaking oil and stuff so he now hates it and is going to give it to me.
so i plan on getting new seals for it from some seal place. does anyone here know all the sizes and stuff for the seals it uses. also how much oil do i need to put in there. would look in the manual but he doesnt have it any more. i think its a 2003 model but im not really sure. anyone know what would be a good price to try to sell it for after i fix it.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
walks into Evolution Bikes with a RS Duke in his flippers. Says there's oil on the stanchions and can the mechanic have a look at it. mechanic says he's too busy at the moment but if the penguin comes back in a 1/2 hour he can have a look at the fork.

Its hot out so the penguin leaves the fork with the mechanic and goes down the village for a vanilla ice cream cone. mmmmm.

Penguin goes back to the shop and the mechanic sees him and says to the penguin " Dude, it looks like you've blown a seal."

Penguin says " No way no way, its hard to eat ice cream with flippers and a beak."

Seriously, most shops carry the proper wipers and seals. I think the Duke is like the Psylo in that they don't have a seal per se, just the grey coloured wiper. Early Psylos had both, but that was just the first year from my recollection.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i know my shop would probly have some sort or seals that would work but steven bought some for his psylo a long time ago for like 25 bucks. i want the od and id or whatever the sizes names are so i can just go buy some from some seel place.