Quantcast

FL monkies!!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Any monkies from around Jacksonville area? I've got a 2 week business road trip that way and would love to ride if there are some cool areas. Oh, and would need to borrow a bike or check out a demo from a shop. PM me if there's any hope of me seeing a mountain bike in FLA!!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Not to kill your hopes, but I was in Jacksonville about 2 years ago and took my bike. I ended up riding around on sandy flat roads, it sucked. No bikes in the back of any pick ups , just pick ups with dog cages. Now I didnt really try to get ahold of anyone or check for local riding groups but Id say if your lucky you may find some xc trails. Sh!t is real flat in North Florida.

acme54321

Chimp
Mar 22, 2004
Santos is 2 hours from Jax. You can rent/demo a bike at Santos trailhead bike shop. It's worth the drive if you have the time.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Is Santos the town? I'll be here over the weekend so I have the time! Can you give nay more details?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
WOW! All I can say is effin' wow! What a great trail system. This one is right. No traffic interference with other users, as they have their own trails. Must have been about 150 people there today and I only met about 6 on the trails. The Vortex area rocked! That pump track was cool. Great team at the Santos Bike Shop. $25 bucks for a Giant Rincon for the day. Added bonus, it had small block 8s on it and i had wanted to try those out. FL monkies have a good thing going and great work to the OMBA for all their dedication making a great trail system. Thanks for the advice. A great day riding for sure, one of my all time top 5!:cheers::happydance::banana::clapping::thumb::beerjam: