Quantcast

FL State Troopers get new 'stealth' Crusiers

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Damn things look like regular cars (as far as colors go) and would be hard to see in traffic that's for sure.

Florida Highway Patrol Unveils New Stealth Crusiers
Internet Broadcasting Systems | 6 Dec

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Florida Highway Patrol unveiled a new weapon in the fight against aggressive drivers across the state Monday, according to Local 6 News.

The vehicle, called the Mercury Marauder, is a stealth new cruiser for use in detecting and apprehending aggressive drivers.

See Images Of The Cars

Officials said the cars are unmarked and equipped with covert lighting packages, emergency sirens, and the latest speed-measuring devices.

The Marauders have state-of-the-art audio and video recording systems and can safely travel at high speeds.

An anonymous corporate benefactor donated 18 vehicles for the new aggressive driving enforcement program.

FHP Director Chris Knight says that equipment will help in the prosecution of aggressive drivers.

Knight said the Florida Highway Patrol went through its ranks of over 1,800 troopers and hand-picked the best ones for the new aggressive driving enforcement program.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
As a Lincoln Mercury Dealer in South Florida, we service a number of these FHP vehicles.

We also sold a number of them. They are cool.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
As a Lincoln Mercury Dealer in South Florida, we service a number of these FHP vehicles.

We also sold a number of them. They are cool.
They are a lot bigger than the Camero's and Mustangs that a lot of other state troopers use. I wonder if they can keep up with a riced out Civic.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
They are a lot bigger than the Camero's and Mustangs that a lot of other state troopers use. I wonder if they can keep up with a riced out Civic.
I have never heard of a Camero, maybe Camaro.(that GM no longer produces) :nuts:

They all have 300hp Cobra motors, they are fast enough for a pursuit vehicle. The Ford Crown Victoria is still the biggest selling Police vehicle in the country. The Marauder is a tweaked and rebadged (Mercury vs Ford) same vehicle.

You can't outrun a radio :eviltongu

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
They should have bought the new mustangs - 13.3s in the 1/4 mi stock - waay better than mercury boat POS. I bet more PD will be getting those new DC AWD/RWD platforms with 340 HP.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Broken_Spoke said:
I thought Florida was filled with the elderly, Cubans, tourists and the ocasional person not in the afformention catagories

Add in your average dose of Teenager and you have close to a complete list of horrid drivers.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Broken_Spoke said:
I thought Florida was filled with the elderly, Cubans, tourists and the ocasional person not in the afformention catagories
Depends on where you go. The "native Floridian" species is prolific, though not always found in urbanized or well-traveled areas. Hint: check out the WalMart.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Fathead said:
Depends on where you go. The "native Floridian" species is prolific, though not always found in urbanized or well-traveled areas. Hint: check out the WalMart.
These are usually found along the Gulf known as the Redneck Riveria from Pensacola to just south of Panama City...

:p

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
N8 said:
These are usually found along the Gulf known as the Redneck Riveria from Pensacola to just south of Panama City...

:p
While that habitat is thriving, don't forget the interior region, from the 'glades up through Okeechobee. As one family member said during her 1-yr occupation of the state, "it appears that there may, in fact, be no laws at all here."

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
SkaredShtles said:
What about the Hot Chicks?? I thought FL was full of Hot Chicks?!? :think:

-S.S.-
Not full, but highly concentrated in certain areas.

South Florida, Orlando, Daytona, Tampa, Gainesville (only when class is in session).

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Hawkeye said:
Big deal a black police cruiser with ground effects and 18 inch rims.

Anyone see those pics of the CO Staties with the WRX STI's? Yikes :nope:

While a STi would be a cool novelty, not exactly the ideal car for pushing something else off the road. Haven't you guys ever seen Cops... Geez

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Massachusetts has some pretty sneaky cop cars on their highways......

Florida needs high speed tanks....

The Caribineiri (Italian Para-military police) also have tanks. They are some bad mo-fo's.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Arm On Fire said:
The Caribineiri (Italian Para-military police) also have tanks. They are some bad mo-fo's.

When I was living in Sicily one of my Sicilian pals said that a member of the Caribineiri was allowed to kill a couple people a year with no questions asked....

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
When I was living in Sicily one of my Sicilian pals said that a member of the Caribineiri was allowed to kill a couple people a year with no questions asked....
Hey that is about as credible as most of your posts :nuts:

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Broken_Spoke said:
Why do you think we have an "aggressive driver problem"...