Quantcast

Flagstaff info?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Looks like I'm taking a mini-vacation in Flag this weekend and I'm bringing my bike. Anybody have any suggestions for some singletrack? I ride a regular old mountain bike, so I'm not interested in any DH, FR, DJ, or urban stuff, just regular old mountain biking. Thanks in advance.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Sorry about posting the large picture but had to in order to read the print. Here's basically the whole trail system. Schultz and Little Bear are must do. The Waterline Road is closed to traffic. It is higher in elevation with beautiful views, ferns, a tunnel, aspen, etc.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Zark nailed it on the Absolute Bikes link, that's your LBS should you need anything (like some idiot I know who forgot his shoes on a trip up- I'm likin' them though). Be sure and check out the night life, you can catch some decent live music as a rule. The last time we were there we caught a killer afropop band. There's Beaver St. Brewery, Lowell Observatory where Pluto was discovered, and I highly recommend Oreganos for a deep dish pizza with 2 pounds of cheese on it. Clog up those arteries! Man, now I want to go up to Flagstaff.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Trainwreck said:
Zark nailed it on the Absolute Bikes link,
I did a ride to benefit the food bank up there. I forget the trail, but it was great fun, and soooooo nice to get out of the Phoenix heat!