Quantcast

Flaky Flick Suffers From 'truth' Decay

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
N8, if you support the Iraq war so much, why aren't you over there fighting it?

(And, yes I know this is a red herring, but I'm making a point.)

Doing my part to put 'bombs on target'... ;)

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
So, let me get this straight.

You're trying to play the hypocrite card, by charging that I don't do anything to help the environment. Yet, you already know all the steps that I take. You also know that I have said that it wouldn't do dick for me to take these actions alone and that real change will only come from comprehensive actions and policies that affect the whole country and other countries. But, you are still willing to try and pull out the hypocrite card. Meanwhile, you refuse to go to Iraq to support the war there, even though you going there would do more than I could do for the environment by completely reducing my footprint on the global climate.

And, even with those ideas in mind, I never played the hypocrite card against you in the Iraq debate until now, and I even pointed out that it was to prove a point and that it was a red herring. Now, do you still think that you have a valid line of reasoning?

Yeah, I'm sorry for my country. I'm sorry that a bunch of asshats like you are all too common here. I'm sorry that a bunch of idiots like you are making the policy. I'm sorry that most of the people here would rather bury their heads in the sand than face the facts. I'm sorry that instead of making meaningful change and policies that pursue renewable energy sources, we have asshats like you that follow the party line. Your lack of thought is appalling to me. Your inability to use reason is appalling to me. Wake up and pull your head out of you a$$.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
So, let me get this straight.

You're trying to play the hypocrite card, by charging that I don't do anything to help the environment. Yet, you already know all the steps that I take. You also know that I have said that it wouldn't do dick for me to take these actions alone and that real change will only come from comprehensive actions and policies that affect the whole country and other countries. But, you are still willing to try and pull out the hypocrite card. Meanwhile, you refuse to go to Iraq to support the war there, even though you going there would do more than I could do for the environment by completely reducing my footprint on the global climate.

And, even with those ideas in mind, I never played the hypocrite card against you in the Iraq debate until now, and I even pointed out that it was to prove a point and that it was a red herring. Now, do you still think that you have a valid line of reasoning?

Yeah, I'm sorry for my country. I'm sorry that a bunch of asshats like you are all too common here. I'm sorry that a bunch of idiots like you are making the policy. I'm sorry that most of the people here would rather bury their heads in the sand than face the facts. I'm sorry that instead of making meaningful change and policies that pursue renewable energy sources, we have asshats like you that follow the party line. Your lack of thought is appalling to me. Your inability to use reason is appalling to me. Wake up and pull your head out of you a$$.
I work for the military industrial complex so I am doing my part daily for the War.

As for 'saving the planet,' I've already posted how many tens of billions of BTU's I've conserved... yet u 'talk' about it.

Oh... u r the asshat... or asspony, which ever you perfer.

:p

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
wow, not to interupt here, but i kinda figured i should try and throw my knowledge in here. i'm neither republican or democratic (registered independant), neither conservative nor liberal...i consider myself realistic. in concerns to global warming, i have to honestly say that i don't really know. i've studied the subject in depth (specifics, generals, you name it), have written a few papers based on previous climatic modeling research, have worked with multiple theories for past climat shifts (i.e. the mid-pleistocene transition due to milankovich cycle forcing/locking and regolith erosion patterns), so i like to think i have a bit of knowledge on the subject. as of now, i can comfortably say that the earth is experiencing a relative warming trend. generally speaking, increasing the level of radiation-absorbing gasses does yield a hotter climate (and thus the whole global warming thing) but we also have to keep in mind that there have been significant climate shifts in the last two million years (some as recently as 1000 years ago). for example, in the middle ages, the earth (especially europe) experienced a "mini ice age". roughly two million years ago, glacial patterns drastically shifted from 40k year cycles to 100k year cycles... theories abound for both of these, but can't really quantify either event.

my point here is that there's a lot of the information out there can be twisted and turned to back just about any argument, but much of it does point to the fact that a substancial climate shift has happened and is possible. in my personal opinion, it's still too early to tell whether or not current climate shifting is a result of human input or a human-independant anomoly...either way, i don't believe that pumping radiation-absorbing gasses into our atmosphere can be beneficial to our (and the rest of the planet's) well-being.

for the record, any of the aforementioned topics/theories (the mini iceage, the Mid Pleistocene Transition, etc.) have been thoroughly explored by the world's most reknowned climatologists and paleogeologists...you can find plenty of papers written by them on google.

just my thoughts here...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
gsweet said:
i'm neither republican or democratic (registered independant), neither conservative nor liberal.
Just on a side note, something I'm curious about........

Dose one have to be regestered to a "polictial affiliation" like that to be on the electoral role in your country? :help:

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
you know, i'm not exactly sure. my guess would be no; someone does not have to have a particular party affiliation (as far as regestration goes) in order to run for an office, but i doubt that any party/state would elect/nominate an individual who was not affiliated with and representing them.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
I work for the military industrial complex so I am doing my part daily for the War.

As for 'saving the planet,' I've already posted how many tens of billions of BTU's I've conserved... yet u 'talk' about it.

Oh... u r the asshat... or asspony, which ever you perfer.

:p
Yeah, doing what? C'mon, put up already. What do you do for the military industrial complex? Are you out there shooting terrorists? Did you even understand the whole point of me asking this? Of course not. You're too dense to get it.

How many BTUs you've conserved? Give me a break. And, I do more that "talk" you self-righteous little prick. You'd know that if you actually read my responses to your ignorant little posts on this subject, but you don't. You don't read. You make snap judgements then act as if they are the truth. Up yours.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
DaveW said:
Just on a side note, something I'm curious about........

Dose one have to be regestered to a "polictial affiliation" like that to be on the electoral role in your country? :help:
No. One does not need to be registered to be part of the electoral process.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Old Man G Funk said:
No. One does not need to be registered to be part of the electoral process.
In the Republican Primaries in Utah, you have to be a registered Republican to vote in them. For the Democratic Primaries, no.

I really don't understand how anyone could debate the corellation between our filling of the atmosphere with Co2 and temperature increase...

Go watch the movie, N8. God.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
blue said:
I really don't understand how anyone could debate the corellation between our filling of the atmosphere with Co2 and temperature increase...
Well, there is truth to the fact that at one of the earth's coldest points in history, there was something like 40 or 50 times the CO2 in the atmosphere as now...

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Well, there is truth to the fact that at one of the earth's coldest points in history, there was something like 40 or 50 times the CO2 in the atmosphere as now...
So what you're saying is.... all we have to do to fix the problem is to continue to be gluttonous pigs and pour vast quantities of pollutants into the atmosphere and the problem will fix itself?

Fellas, I think the problem is solved! I'm going to go outside right now and just leave my truck running.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
BurlyShirley said:
:think:

Eh?

I really think you have to see the motivation behind the argument against pollution control/decreasing global warming (hell, behind 75% of the American government...) It's not hard, kids.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
blue said:
:think:

Eh?

I really think you have to see the motivation behind the argument against pollution control/decreasing global warming (hell, behind 75% of the American government...) It's not hard, kids.
Im not arguing anything. I simply stated a fact. It may contradict you guys' conspiracy theories, but it doesnt mean Im taking the side of polluters and big money. :clue:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BeerDemon said:
So what you're saying is.... all we have to do to fix the problem is to continue to be gluttonous pigs and pour vast quantities of pollutants into the atmosphere and the problem will fix itself?

Fellas, I think the problem is solved! I'm going to go outside right now and just leave my truck running.
Mister Beer Demon sir..... Can we please change burlygirlys title to
"Flat earth society foundation member"

:D :thumb: :rofl:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
DaveW said:
Mister Beer Demon sir..... Can we please change burlygirlys title to
"Flat earth society foundation member"

:D :thumb: :rofl:
That's a bit long. If you do some digging, you can find this info for yourself. Of course, I wouldnt expect you to. You've shown a complete willingness to buy into whatever the media/corporate alternative media feeds you. So go with that. You seem content that way.

Also, I wouldnt mind a new custom title, but that's a bit wordy.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
I see you belong to the N8 school of debating. You do, however, lose style points for not including ":p " in your post.
Hey, in case you didint notice, I just invented a form of media in my last post. That counts for something.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
alright, i'm kinda interested in that CO2 content info. i'd love to read about it, but so far google has turned up $h!t. shirly, if you don't want to post your source on this thread, then pm me the source. i can't find it out there. it's certainly possible, seeing that greenhouse gas content is only one of many factors regarding global temp trends.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
gsweet said:
alright, i'm kinda interested in that CO2 content info. i'd love to read about it, but so far google has turned up $h!t. shirly, if you don't want to post your source on this thread, then pm me the source. i can't find it out there. it's certainly possible, seeing that greenhouse gas content is only one of many factors regarding global temp trends.
Im not "really" a liar.

Appearing before the Commons Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development last year, Carleton University paleoclimatologist Professor Tim Patterson testified, "There is no meaningful correlation between CO2 levels and Earth's temperature over this [geologic] time frame. In fact, when CO2 levels were over ten times higher than they are now, about 450 million years ago, the planet was in the depths of the absolute coldest period in the last half billion years." Patterson asked the committee, "On the basis of this evidence, how could anyone still believe that the recent relatively small increase in CO2 levels would be the major cause of the past century's modest warming?"

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
And on the board of directors for the National Center for Public Policy Research...

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/hcooper/bio.shtml

http://www.heritage.org/about/staff/edmundhaislmaier.cfm

http://cy2kr.tacticom.com/AdvisoryCouncil.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Ridenour

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=704

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/101560.htm

This is why those sources aren't credible, and why 99% of the scientific community disagrees with them on the subject.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
BurlyShirley said:
What exactly is your point? Are scientists which have opposite views not supported by environmentalist groups? Its the same **** people. Of course they're going to back him because his finding support their view, but that doesnt make it untrue AT ALL.
I wouldn't exactly call his site some unbiased scientist's webpage...

http://www.envirotruth.org/index.cfm

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
blue said:
And on the board of directors for the National Center for Public Policy Research...

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/hcooper/bio.shtml

http://www.heritage.org/about/staff/edmundhaislmaier.cfm

http://cy2kr.tacticom.com/AdvisoryCouncil.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Ridenour

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/personfactsheet.php?id=704

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/101560.htm

This is why those sources aren't credible, and why 99% of the scientific community disagrees with them on the subject.

You're missing my point entirely here. If you can find me info. that disputes this guy's claim about CO2 being much more prevalent in earth's colder times, Id like to see it, if not, you're just N8ing this thread all to hell. Of course you can find more links to enviro stupid ****. There's more of them out there. That doesnt make them correct.
Unless you have evidence refuting a specific claim, you're not even making an argument.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
alright, he's refering to a theory. the "snowball earth" theory, which states that the world experienced a global scale ice age (even in the "tropics")...there's even a fairly popular book out about it. my question is how the hell does he know the atmospheric CO2 concentrations? ice cores range back to about 800k to 2million years ago, so it couldn't be those.

well anyways, without reading his paper (which i will hopefully find soon), i can tell you that increased levels of greenhouse gasses can result in initial warming, then significant cooling in high latitudes. it's already happening, actually. perfect example: the hail/snow in italy last year which destroyed crops.

most of you have probably heard about this theory (let me emphasize that word; THEORY)
--> increased greenhouse gasses initially warm the planet and melt polar caps. this leads to a flooding of the oceans with fresh water, which happens to be less dense than saline water. the result is stratification of the water column in the ocean: fresh water on top. depending on how thick the fresh water layer is, it can effectively "drown out" the warm water currents which circulate within the saline level, thus isolating weather patterns from the warming affect that the ocean currents produce. this leads to much, much colder weather.

and again, there are a rediculous amount of published papers on this theory.