Quantcast

Flash! Ouachita Challenge Upped to 250 Riders!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
FYI!!!!
-Nate

Slightly edited....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From Mike Kelsey the Ministry of Registration for the Ouachita Challenge.

I knew that when the National Forest set a limit of 200 participants for the challenge, that we would easily reach that number. What really surprised me is how early that number was met. Three months to go and the slots are full. That is pretty nuts. Personally, I have never entered any kind of racing or riding event that far ahead of the event. I can't plan my life that far ahead.

Anywho, about two weeks ago when the registrations started coming in at 10 per day, I started appealing to the National Forest to allow a larger registration. When the number hit 200, the next two days saw over 50 registrations come in.

Over the last two weeks, I had appealed to the National Forest to allow for 250 to 300. They settled on the 250 number. GREAT NEWS! More would be allowed to Register.... BAD NEWS... I already have over 50 registrations sitting on my desk, and I am sure more will continue to flow in.

I have placed a notice on the Web Site that reads something like "STOP SENDING ENTRY FORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I have also sent out a Ouachita Challenge Newsletter announcing the same. I will also request here, "Please no more entries forms". Hopefully people will stop sending entries, as I can no longer add any more to the ranks of the registered, and I will simply be having to return the entries.

Next year the plan will be to Auction of the last 50 registration positions to the highest bidders on Ebay. That should be fun.

I know that there will be a large number of disappointed individuals that did not make the cut. My deepest apologies... Almost daily, I updated the registrations on the Ouachita Challenge Web Site, and made announcements through the Ouachita Challenge bulletin board, making it clear how quickly the registration was filling up.

I will process the remaining entries monday or tuesday, and send the rest back. Please do not call me concerning your registration. I will post on the internet and announce by way of the Newsletter.

Mike Kelsey
Email Address: kelseym@omniark.com