Quantcast

Flat mount caliper issues

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Discovered a problem with the front and rear calipers on my wife's road bike, Colnago CLX disc and SRAM Force AXS setup. The bike is 160mm front, 140mm rear rotors, flat mount calipers.

The calipers seem to be a little too "high". I discovered the pads are wearing dangerously with a lip, so the pads can end up touching above the level of the rotor. Front and rear seem to have the same issue.

But they're flat mount...

Rear caliper is mounted directly on the chainstay, no adapter.
Front caliper has the 160mm adapter in the correct orientation.

Anyone got any useful suggestions?

20211126_112139.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Angle grinder will remove that extra fork and caliper material right away.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Double-triple check those are the correct pads?

I know for a fact that a Guide pad will "fit" in a Code caliper, but it wears totally the wrong way in a similar fashion to what your pic looks like. Don't ask me how I know. Oh wait, you already know how I know.

#dumdum

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I guess I need to break out the calipers and compare against page 76 and 79, doc is a help, thanks.

Double-triple check those are the correct pads?

I know for a fact that a Guide pad will "fit" in a Code caliper, but it wears totally the wrong way in a similar fashion to what your pic looks like. Don't ask me how I know. Oh wait, you already know how I know.

#dumdum
Pads in the photo are the OEM that came installed with the groupset.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pads in the photo are the OEM that came installed with the groupset.
Yeah but are they the correct pads? I don't doubt they're the ones that came with the groupset. :rofl:

Also, did y'all build this bike up from a frame and groupset? Or buy it as a complete? What are the chances the frame just isn't in spec to run the SRAM flat mount stuff?