Quantcast

Flat Pedal Shoes for Sasquatch Feet

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Need a new pair of shoes. I have 3E/4E feet. Old FiveTens fit well but not since Adidas bought them. Anyone found current flat pedal shoes that run wide?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
For any future readers of this thread - ordered Shimano GR9s, RC Powerlines, Specialized 2FO Flat 2.0s and Giro Riddances. Giro's were the roomiest by far, followed by Shimano. I wouldn't recommend the RCs or Specialized to anyone with wide feet, however if you don't have wide feet the Specializeds have the best damping sole I've ever felt - better than the old Sam Hills.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
My 5.10 Impact Pros have been great for winter rides, but after 6-8 months of use the right shoes has a split, starting where the toe box creases. The shoes look almost new otherwise. I feel like the last 3 pairs have been of poorer quality. Waiting for CRC to respond to a warranty claim (not holding my breath).
I bought a pair of Aftons last year and they have a strange fit/feel on my feet, and I can’t say waffle pattern soles work on rough trails IMO. Used them for riding all of 3 times. They feel more like a skate/bmx shoe and they will be used as such this Summer.
Just found RCs on CRC yesterday. I have wide feet but also think something weatherproof would be more suitable because it is always Goldman wet and muddy in the UK. Will wear out munch old 5.10 Impacts this Summer but need to find an alternative to 5.10s.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Toe to heel I'm 120mm wide. Finding ski boots are a nightmare. That said, 5 10 seem good so far to me. I'm using the Hellcats though.

20200318_213337.jpg