Quantcast

Flat pedal shoes

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Where does one actually buy Impact Pros these days?
They don't seem to exist in anything except tiny sizes (and/or hideous colors) in most countries.

Appreciate any links or deals.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
@Udi usually just on their website (https://www.adidas.com/us/five-ten-impact-pro-mountain-bike-shoes/FU7524.html) and just wait for sales. i'm on their email list, so i usually know when to shop and grab a sale pair even if i don't need em quite yet.
That only works for you because you are in the USA. The Adidas international sites, even the Canadian one are an abomination and generally have about 5 shoes, total on display in the MTB section. Not 5 models, just 5 random pairs of assorted shoes in total and 2 are probably women's Kestrels.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That only works for you because you are in the USA. The Adidas international sites, even the Canadian one are an abomination and generally have about 5 shoes, total on display in the MTB section. Not 5 models, just 5 random pairs of assorted shoes in total and 2 are probably women's Kestrels.
The US site does happen to have Impact Pros right now if you go directly to that page via the link @jstuhlman posted, but if you try to navigate there via the main bike page, literally the only thing they show is Women's Freerider Pros in a size 6. Their site is impossibly dogshit.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
The US site does happen to have Impact Pros right now if you go directly to that page via the link @jstuhlman posted, but if you try to navigate there via the main bike page, literally the only thing they show is Women's Freerider Pros in a size 6. Their site is impossibly dogshit.
That's true but they won't for example ship to Canada if you order through the US portal. I have a friend down in the states who orders for me and ships them up over the border, a logical and efficient system that we both appreciate.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I think a few of those European sites have suspended shipping outside of Europe rather than dealing with customer complaints about covid-induced international shipping delays.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
@Udi : In my experience, Bike-components would ship anything anywhere. That's where I got my TriAir shock on sale:

I just checked that too and they do ship to Australia and have some large sizes in non awful colors in stock, while other sizes should be available before christmas.
https://www.bike-components.de/en/Five-Ten/Impact-Pro-MTB-Shoes-2020-Model-p79937/?v=118162-core-black-red-ftwr-white

Hibike will also ship to Australia and is pretty well stocked:
https://www.hibike.com/five-ten-impact-pro-mtb-shoes-men-uk-p93706a419e42a14dfd771697e4fc3063

@Udi @toodles

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Nor sure I follow? Does Bike24 have a second site or something?
No. Was wondering if you could order from Southeast Asia since it's closer to you. Someone I know told me that his friend was able to order five tens from Singapore and had it shipped to our country (Philippines). They were cheap too. Don't know the details though.

Last edited:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Anyboby has some experience with the "mid" version of the impact pro?
I usually go for my hiking shoes for the few annual rides in the snow. These 5 10s would definitely have a better sole and the mid cut might also help to limit how much twigs and debris make their way into the shoe.
five-ten-impact-pro-mid-pro-cykelskor.jpg

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just an FYI - adidas Five Ten hasn't discontinued any popular models, despite all the rumours. It's a website geolocation issue - it only shows you what is in stock locally.

It was a tough year for keeping things in stock, coupled with a change of distribution (it's adidas now globally, except for Canada where it is live to play sports). New shoes are shipping out as we peak and stocks should be replenished asap.

Online is still tough to get and availability will depend on your location as the adidas website geolocates your and only shows you what's in stock. It's a bit of an issue and they are working on a solution to end the "it's been discontinued because it isn't on the website" situation.

PS anyone who tells you quality went down since adidas bought Five Ten has no clue what they are talking about. Quality and materials actually went up recently, but I can almost guarantee everyone has worn adidas built Five Tens. The buyout was in 2011, most people are only becoming aware of it now due to the re-branding finally happening.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Get the Trail Cross XT or Mid Pro. much more comfortable for hiking. A Goretex version is also coming in August for fall 2021.

Anyboby has some experience with the "mid" version of the impact pro?
I usually go for my hiking shoes for the few annual rides in the snow. These 5 10s would definitely have a better sole and the mid cut might also help to limit how much twigs and debris make their way into the shoe.
View attachment 153050

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just an FYI - adidas Five Ten hasn't discontinued any popular models, despite all the rumours. It's a website geolocation issue - it only shows you what is in stock locally.

It was a tough year for keeping things in stock, coupled with a change of distribution (it's adidas now globally, except for Canada where it is live to play sports). New shoes are shipping out as we peak and stocks should be replenished asap.

Online is still tough to get and availability will depend on your location as the adidas website geolocates your and only shows you what's in stock. It's a bit of an issue and they are working on a solution to end the "it's been discontinued because it isn't on the website" situation.

Going to have to disagree with you.
Adidas NZ blocked the NZ distributor of 5Ten and has not imported/supplied any themselves in the last couple of years.
The only remaining shoes are at 1 single shop that brought up all of Level Ltd's supply and are slow chewing thru that.
No one else can get anything down here and haven't been able to for more than 2 years?
This also goes for climbing shoes.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
They don't have website geolocation issues, they have a shit website and e-commerce platform that actively stands between customers with money and the shoes they'd like to purchase. LTP being a marginally worse alternative. I think it's super professional and reflects well on the brand when they run full-banner pinkbike takeovers that dynamically link you to no shoes.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Going to have to disagree with you.
Adidas NZ blocked the NZ distributor of 5Ten and has not imported/supplied any themselves in the last couple of years.
The only remaining shoes are at 1 single shop that brought up all of Level Ltd's supply and are slow chewing thru that.
No one else can get anything down here and haven't been able to for more than 2 years?
This also goes for climbing shoes.
Disagree all you want but you are incorrect. adidas is moving all distribution in house so local distributors are a thing of the past which is why they have not supplied them with new shoes.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They don't have website geolocation issues, they have a shit website and e-commerce platform that actively stands between customers with money and the shoes they'd like to purchase. LTP being a marginally worse alternative. I think it's super professional and reflects well on the brand when they run full-banner pinkbike takeovers that dynamically link you to no shoes.
Oh it's not an issue, it's just the way their e-comm works due to local warehousing. :banghead:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Dubious quality aside, flat pedal shoes with BOA laces have me interested

Anybody know who's actually making these for CB? I assume they didn't build a shoe factory, just contracted with somebody who's already got a prison labor camp set up for making shoes.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dubious quality aside, flat pedal shoes with BOA laces have me interested

Anybody know who's actually making these for CB? I assume they didn't build a shoe factory, just contracted with somebody who's already got a prison labor camp set up for making shoes.
Aren't they under the same parent company as Fizik? They've been making roadie shoes for a while.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

These sound really promising.

My Freerider Pros just died (sole ripped off) after five months of riding (warrantied thankfully) and I've gone back to Impacts. Will try to source a set of the Spesh offerings for the next set.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I really like the look of these. Need a new pair by summer and its so hard to beat 5 10s for grip, but durability can be challenged and these are worth investigating further.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
approximately same weight and grip as impact pros; maybe slightly uglier and more expensive...remind me again why i would switch?
fit. the same reason why you should buy rapha clothing.

those s-works recon fit me like a glove. bought some of the last 2fo cliplites last month, inital feel is very similar. imho specialized is on to something here with this body geometry thing. used to wear only 5.10, but they are way too roomy in comparison

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
fit. the same reason why you should buy rapha clothing.

those s-works recon fit me like a glove. bought some of the last 2fo cliplites last month, inital feel is very similar. imho specialized is on to something here with this body geometry thing. used to wear only 5.10, but they are way too roomy in comparison
I buy rapha clothing to show of my lithe figure and abundant finances. So do my friends.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
WTF just happened in this thread. Literally 3 Ridemonkey "Legends" pop up out of nowhere? Also, I would highly suggest doing the studio shot for Adidas Frasier. The colours can be a bit off Nike has the same issue hope all is good.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone got any new input on something a little stiffer than Freerider Pro's?

Impact Pro's in size US 13 seem to be sold out everywhere. The only thing which might be comparable is the new version of the Ride Concepts TNT, anyone tried them?