Quantcast

Flat pedals, big feet

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I've had my eye on the VP Harriers, which look like they'll fit my size 13's nicely. But they're out of stock everywhere I've checked, and pretty pricey. ($120). I had a pair of Spank Spikes in my hand, but didn't care for the way they mount so flush to the crank arm (heel rub city). And they weren't as big as I thought they'd be actually. Any other suggestions for big flat pedals from fellow sasquatches?
Disclaimer- not interested in the Crank Brothers Stamps, especially for $150.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I like my chromag scarab pedals... 110x105, and plenty far from the crank. Comfy and grippy for about a year now.
image.jpeg

MmmBones

Monkey
May 8, 2011
Porkland, OR
I also wear size 13's and have been on cro-mo axle Harriers since last winter (previously on Point1 Podium 1's) and they don't leave my shoe hanging off the side. They did develop a small amount of play immediately, but it's not noticeable while riding. VP makes a kit (moar shimz) that fixes the issue. VP recently announced they have updated the axle and bearings on the latest iteration to completely solve that issue without adding a significant amount of weight, though the updated version doesn't appear to be available yet. The new axle and bearings are not backwards compatible. The center pins are tapered which allows you to reposition your foot a bit easier, but can be easily replaced with grub screws for all-out grip. I found them somewhere online for around $80. Just looked and found some on Ebay for less than that... http://www.ebay.com/itm/VP-Components-Victor-Harrier-Thin-Platform-MTB-Bike-Pedals-Sealed-Pins-/371551104435

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I've had it narrowed down to a few choices, and these weren't even on the radar. They look great as well. And in stock. Thanks.
My favorite thing about them is that they have a sufficient concave, and are pretty thin without being dead flat, so the platform feels good (unlike the old point1, for example). My only complaint is sometimes my foot almost doesn't come off soon enough for quick saves, but I could fix that by playing around with the pin height/ configuration.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
DMR V12s? ( not the stupid plastic ones ) They are somewhat cheap and I like them alot

Those look nice for sure. I should've added though, I'm looking for pins that are replaceable from the underside. I always seem peen over the pins that have the allen head on the top of the pin, to the point of not being able to remove them. I'm going to give those Scarabs a shot.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I'll put a vote in for e13 lg1 pedals. I only wear an 11.5 but the pedal body seems to be pretty big, I think they would be good for someone with bigger feet. I can't find them on the e13/hive website, wonder if they are discontinuing them? Something to look into and consider if you are interested in them