Quantcast

flesh wound

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I guess I'm just naive but I don't see how people watch that. I thought we had become a c*nt hair more civilized in the last couple of hundred years. Sure there are still horrible people, but as a whole.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I guess I'm just naive but I don't see how people watch that. I thought we had become a c*nt hair more civilized in the last couple of hundred years. Sure there are still horrible people, but as a whole.

People love contact sports, hard hits in football, hockey fights, car crashes etc. This really isn't any more violent, just the results are a lot more visible. If you ask me it is less civilized watching faceless logos bash the crap out of each other like in football, it dehumanizes the event and desensitizes the viewer as the real toll is not evident.

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
I really like watching MMA actually. I could never do what they do, and don't even understand how they get in the ring and literally want to kill the other guy but be good friends outside of that. I think of any sort of martial arts, or even contact sports, MMA as a whole is one of the most entertaining.

Is there a link to that video directly somewhere? I don't necessarily want to see blood pouring everywhere but I am curious as to how it actually happened....

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Have you watched the series? They are always crying... hell we call their energy/protien drink (Xyience) "Cryience"
I'm sure there is. I don't watch it, I get my fill of carnage from my own mtb crashes.

I was playing on a quote from Tom Hanks "League of their own" movie... "There's no crying in baseball!!"

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I can tolerate seeing that gushing blood a lot more than I can tolerate seeing a guy getting his arm or leg broke. :dead: I really can't stomach seeing an arm pop in half the wrong way or a joint dislocate. (No need to post a pic and say "Like this lol!?" )