Quantcast

Flight of the Pigs was a success

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I know, no one reads this board anymore...

Friday was Flight of the Pigs. It was a great time, no pics from me, I was too busy riding.

I rode my 36 lb CoilAir, which was a bit heavy for this ride, but I survived. 70 miles, something like 4700 feet of climbing, 10 or so hours on the bike. Good times. :thumb:

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Good times indeed. I did FOTP a few years ago and had a great time. Gave my wife the flying pig socks that I got from Jim, as a thanks for letting me out of my familial T-day obligations for a MTB road trip.
- Joe

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I know, no one reads this board anymore...

Friday was Flight of the Pigs. It was a great time, no pics from me, I was too busy riding.

I rode my 36 lb CoilAir, which was a bit heavy for this ride, but I survived. 70 miles, something like 4700 feet of climbing, 10 or so hours on the bike. Good times. :thumb:
Well done Kavu, but aren't you riding 29ers these days?

:D

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Well done Kavu, but aren't you riding 29ers these days?

:D
Thanks.

I will be when I can find a way to buy one. That El Rey I rode was pretty sweet, it was super fast...

I'm hoping to do some even bigger self-supported rides.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Good times indeed. I did FOTP a few years ago and had a great time. Gave my wife the flying pig socks that I got from Jim, as a thanks for letting me out of my familial T-day obligations for a MTB road trip.
- Joe
Sweet.
You should do it again next year, its a blast.

This was the 14th one and the first time that Jim couldn't make the ride, he stayed home sick with the flu :(