Quantcast

Float RL????

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I have a 2006 Fox Float RL fork set at 100mm and everything with it is perfect besides it gets almost 3 inches of travel before it ramps up so hard it baically bottoms out. It really takes a lot of effort to get it into the last part of the travel, it makes the bike feel kind of unbalanced. I was just checking to see if anyone has had this problem. I mean I like it to ramp up in the end of the travel, but having a quarter of the travel almost unusable on the trail is a bit much. Thanks.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Li'l Dave said:
I have a 2006 Fox Float RL fork set at 100mm and everything with it is perfect besides it gets almost 3 inches of travel before it ramps up so hard it baically bottoms out. It really takes a lot of effort to get it into the last part of the travel, it makes the bike feel kind of unbalanced. I was just checking to see if anyone has had this problem. I mean I like it to ramp up in the end of the travel, but having a quarter of the travel almost unusable on the trail is a bit much. Thanks.
I had the same problms with my vanilla. After searching the web I found my answer on mtbr. Turns out I had too much oil on the damper side.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Hmmmmmmm... So maybe I do really have to take the fork apart. I talked to the guys at Fox, and as usual they had nothing to say of any usefullness, lotsa help remind me to thank them :rolleyes: Plus I just got the rear shock back for my DH bike today from them and they forgot to send one of the reducers with the shock. I had them zip tied to both ends of the shock so they wouldn't fall out in shipping, they switched the zip tie on the bottom and only put one of them back on the top. Now my DH bike is STILL (after a month of waiting for the shock to come back) out of commission and I have to go pay Stratos to make a set of reducers for me.