Quantcast

Floating brake on single pivot (Bullit)?

bullitridden

Chimp
Nov 26, 2006
Easy, that comment was not directed toward you Salami. What the Hell happened to this thread? All I asked for was a little help NOT an arguement on who is the most knowledgeable on brake adapters.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
It now becomes completely obvious how this happened......

that CW is very cool however. I definately remember when that 'Z' shaped down tube came out. I had a similar build on a Nomura as my last BMX bike. Orig profiles, graphite tuffs, bear traps....:thumb:

Last edited:

bullitridden

Chimp
Nov 26, 2006
yep, built it back in 2004 to bring back memories of my fond childhood creation. Got the frame/fork a few sticker kits for $600 shipped. It began. Gotta Hutch stem but want a NOS DK Pro to complete it. Don't think I'll ever sell it. Just like to keep & look @ it to remember the good ole days of long ago. Listed the floater tonite on Ebay for a starting bid of $50 - what I got in it just about. See if somebody else can use it. Wished I could. Dealing w/a broken hand here :( think my hard riding is over :(( Thanks for the reply.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
It is only over if you want it to be over...

I have collected four seperate right wrist/hand fractures (including a scaphoid that needed surgery, a screw, and a 3 months in a cast)...total shoulder seperation... a fractured elbow... three incidence of (same)torn ankle legiments (with casts)...and two spine surgeries including a single level fusion... (not all MTB related)

I am a long way from being young, but there is no way I am going to stop doing what I enjoy!!

bullitridden

Chimp
Nov 26, 2006
I am in bad pain here. Almost been 2 weeks since the "mishap". I broke the carpus area of my left hand dislocating it from the metacarpus bone. Having trouble putting pressure here for it's where the grip "fits" in my palm ("pinky" side). Supposed to be building a pump track for a group here where I live but am VERY worried I am not going to be able to ride "like I used to" (HARD OF COURSE). No insurance (heard that story before right?) was gonna hope for the best here & pray nature fixed itself. You sound like you did OK, DEFINITELY makes me MORE optimistic & hopeful that I will return to be happy again (riding to my full potential:)

Last edited:

bullitridden

Chimp
Nov 26, 2006
Wanted to make an update. I AM riding again (almost up to par) & FINALLY GOT the BT on the Bullit. Here is a pic... All I had to do was file the existing "hat" washer I had to accomodate the diameter of the "Fun Bolt" & my mechanic found the MISSING roller bearing that was under his mat in his garage when he swept it out last week!!!!!!! THIS THING IS A DREAM NOW, when the snow melts here & the trail returns to rideability I WILL BE ON IT AGAIN. THANX everyone for your assistance!!!!

Attachments

bullitridden

Chimp
Nov 26, 2006
Oh, forgot to add: got a Pro Deal on a set of Avid Juicy 7's. These were also added (front & back - HAVE TO match ya know) to compensate the 74mm post mount required on the arm of the unit.