Quantcast

Flogging Molly - Holy freaking sheet, see this band

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Absolutely, without a doubt one of the best bands around today. These guys, and girl put so much energy into their show it's hard not to dance and sing along with them. Not to mention the fact that their tour is presented by Guinness! I saw them at the Anaheim House of Blues, which was great. A small very intimate venue... not more than maybe 600 people. If you love a good live show, regardless of genre, go see this band. Awsome! :thumb: Violin and accordion alongside the bass, guitar, drums and vox. Every band should have a hardcore violin solo!

P.S. I posted earlier in the wrong forum... http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113479 But they were so good I couldn't wait for a Mod to move the thread. I had to post about how great they were. :thumb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i remember they were very popular with my emo-dressers, chick-pants, saucony-shoes, 2-size-smaller-t-shirt friends when i was in college...

i actually never could get to like them much, other than that "its been the worst day since yesterday" song..

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They're awesome, I have all three of their albums. The funny thing is, they record parts of their albums live and you can't tell... :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Yeah Ciarin, thanks for sending me that album! I now have Drunken Lullabies and within a mile of home. :thumb:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Drunken Lullabies is arguably their best album in my opinion, with Swagger a close second. Within a Mile of Home is good as well, but I don't think it's on par with their first two.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
alive behind the green door ;) we have a bar called the blarney stone here that has a green door...
but seriously if you like them, you'll probably like dopkick murhpys, and maybe black 47.

Alexis, typical. Too much noise about too little factual information. Thank you for being predictable.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
clancy98 said:
alive behind the green door ;) we have a bar called the blarney stone here that has a green door...
but seriously if you like them, you'll probably like dopkick murhpys, and maybe black 47.

Alexis, typical. Too much noise about too little factual information. Thank you for being predictable.

thank you, thank you...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
There was so much energy in the show. Violin solos were great. They played at the House Of Blues in Anaheim. I had never been there before and have to say that it really is a nice venue. Very small with good sightlines, and good sound. 5 bucks a Guinness though. I must have spent my whole paycheck on beer! The singer made a good point... "here in America if you have two beers a day your a fookin alcoholic. In Ireland you have 7 and you're just gettin' started!" :thumb:

If you get a chance, see them. The albums are great but live is better.