Quantcast

floor pumps w/ tubeless tanks

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
What sort of pneumatic tools? I like the battery stuff, the only air tool I really use now is my spray gun but I would like an air needle scaler and chisel. I was always disappointed with my little 2HP compressor and I swapped out the stock reg for a reg/water trap that I had lying around from a bus and it is so much better, still need a second tank so I can do a bit more painting, I have an out of date BBQ bottle........

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
What sort of pneumatic tools? I like the battery stuff, the only air tool I really use now is my spray gun but I would like an air needle scaler and chisel. I was always disappointed with my little 2HP compressor and I swapped out the stock reg for a reg/water trap that I had lying around from a bus and it is so much better, still need a second tank so I can do a bit more painting, I have an out of date BBQ bottle........
nailers mostly

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
What sort of tire/rim combos require you to do all these weird things to get them to seat?
I just had my most difficult one a few days ago, I always pour the goo in to the tire and this time the CushCore insert decided it didn't want to let any sealant in around the bead. Ended up having to hit some corners with very low pressure to let the goo seal the bead as the tire would drop a few Psi on a ride.
I have also had a Fat Albert blow off the rim with 50Psi in it, that was about the only fun I had with those tyres, they sucked!
Mine isn't crazy. I just use DT 570 hoops with standard Minions. Enve M70s on the trail bike, same tires. I usually mount the tire except for about 2" on one bead, pour sealant in (been using Trucker Co lately), mount the rest of the way, then hit it with the compressor to seat. Best way to distribute the sealant seems to be to put the wheels on and go ride around the block real quick. Otherwise, I'll just spin them for a few minutes by hand and then install.

CNC mill :nerd:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I picked up one of these and used it for the first time tonight. It seated two dry DHR2's on Stans Arch MK3 rims in one shot, no fiddling around or anything. It has a fairly long hose from the pump to the head too, so you don't have to stand next to you're exploding tire.

Expensive pump, but it seems to do the job. Though pumping up a metal tube to +160psi between my legs is a little ummmm....

https://www.topeak.com/global/de/products/floor-pumps/822-joeblow--booster

Conrary to the instructions, I filled the pump to 160psi and then seated the tires without the valve cores in them. Then simply took the pump head off, let the air out and filled with sealant. Popped pump head back on and inflated to 40psi to sit over night.