Quantcast

Florida riding scene?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I may be moving to the bradenton/tampa area in april. Trying to find out if the are any riders on here from that area? Is there a decent street/urban scene there? thanks adam

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
check out freeridesouth.com it seems to me that a lot of the pictures there are from florida including a buck of Wade Simmons and Dangerous Dan riding for what i think was a bike magazine photo shoot on Florida

bohica

Chimp
Jun 15, 2002
just south of everywhere
you can also look at ridgeriders.net. club based out of lakeland florida awesome trailriding/dj and northshore stuff, as well as alot of urban going on. Lakeland is about 40 min from tampa, If you come down to the tampa area, drop me a PM and I'll show you around.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Yeah, there is a great place like 30minutes from Orlando. My grandmother lives around in there area. I've been there once. The place is called Santos. There is some crazy **** there like a 25ft huck into a huge rock pit. Check it out on freeridesouth.com Its closer to Ocala than anything else.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
isnt there also the clubmud website?
ClubMud is South Florida (Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Boca) www.clubmud.com
In South Florida we have 4 Parks
North Miami Beach - Oleta, 12 Miles of rooty twisty and fun single track. Make sure to check out Area 51, Gilligan's Island and Volunteer/Goldstick trails
Opa Locka - Amelia - ~ 5.5 miles of kinda flat, but fun trail, there are some basic wooden stunts, nothing too scary.
Sunrise/Ft Lauderdale - Markham Park - This is the most technically demanding 7 miles of single track around :cool: (also the trail I am very involved in building and maintaining, so I maybe biased)
Deerfield Beach - Quiet Waters Park - 5 miles of fun begginer to intermediate single track, with a few well placed stunts along the trail. There are also 2 Jump areas. the "IA" 3, 3-4' tables that are a blast, then the "AA" which has a number of (6 I think) MUCH larger jumps that are doubles, step-ups, hips and gaps.

For Tampa there is
www.SwampClub.org - There are a number of great trails in the Tampa area. Alafia being my favorite. (most technical and diverse)

about 1/2 way between Tampa and Orlando is Lakeland, which has the TOE and CarterRoad. The TOE is on private land and is for members only. However they are very friendly and will usually offer to show you around so long as you sign up and offer up a small donation. The TOE has a very technical fun XC trail, along with "JumpLand" and "StuntLand"
Check out www.RidgeRiders.net

About an hour North of Orlando is the Ocala area that has 2 great trail systems.
1) Razorback Mountain Bike Park is an AWSOME flowy technical 10 mile trail. It is only open on the weekends and there is a fee. Check out
www.GoneRiding.com and look for the link to Razorback MTB Park
2) Santos - Is a state recreation site and has probably 60 miles of trails. The majority of the length is just flowy relatively flat single track. However there are no less then 2 sets of really technical "Red" trails that surround 2 old mining pits. There are a number of large drops and technical riding.
Check out www.OMBA.org for trail maps and what not.

If you want to check out pictures I recommend you go to www.FreeRideSouth.com on their picture gallery just search for pictures using the names I gave you above. You will mainly just get "FreeRiding" type pictures. The other sites have pictures of the trails.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
ClubMud is South Florida (Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Boca) www.clubmud.com
In South Florida we have 4 Parks
North Miami Beach - Oleta, 12 Miles of rooty twisty and fun single track. Make sure to check out Area 51, Gilligan's Island and Volunteer/Goldstick trails
Opa Locka - Amelia - ~ 5.5 miles of kinda flat, but fun trail, there are some basic wooden stunts, nothing too scary.
Sunrise/Ft Lauderdale - Markham Park - This is the most technically demanding 7 miles of single track around :cool: (also the trail I am very involved in building and maintaining, so I maybe biased)
Deerfield Beach - Quiet Waters Park - 5 miles of fun begginer to intermediate single track, with a few well placed stunts along the trail. There are also 2 Jump areas. the "IA" 3, 3-4' tables that are a blast, then the "AA" which has a number of (6 I think) MUCH larger jumps that are doubles, step-ups, hips and gaps.

For Tampa there is
www.SwampClub.org - There are a number of great trails in the Tampa area. Alafia being my favorite. (most technical and diverse)

about 1/2 way between Tampa and Orlando is Lakeland, which has the TOE and CarterRoad. The TOE is on private land and is for members only. However they are very friendly and will usually offer to show you around so long as you sign up and offer up a small donation. The TOE has a very technical fun XC trail, along with "JumpLand" and "StuntLand"
Check out www.RidgeRiders.net

About an hour North of Orlando is the Ocala area that has 2 great trail systems.
1) Razorback Mountain Bike Park is an AWSOME flowy technical 10 mile trail. It is only open on the weekends and there is a fee. Check out
www.GoneRiding.com and look for the link to Razorback MTB Park
2) Santos - Is a state recreation site and has probably 60 miles of trails. The majority of the length is just flowy relatively flat single track. However there are no less then 2 sets of really technical "Red" trails that surround 2 old mining pits. There are a number of large drops and technical riding.
Check out www.OMBA.org for trail maps and what not.

If you want to check out pictures I recommend you go to www.FreeRideSouth.com on their picture gallery just search for pictures using the names I gave you above. You will mainly just get "FreeRiding" type pictures. The other sites have pictures of the trails.
enter rob. dude do you even know what you are talking about?

BillT

Monkey
Rob pretty muched summed up the riding in central and south Florida (there are some trails up in the panhandle and in Jacksonville, but I don't know much about them). From Bradenton, Alafia will probably be your closest good place to ride with the TOE and Carter Road being an additional 20 or so minutes away. Santos and Razorback are pretty much a straight shot up I75 and are maybe an 1.5 hours away, but worth the trip.

Jeremy - there is nothing much worth riding in the local Orlando area besides the Van's skatepark on Tuesday and Thursday nights, however depending on where you are in Orlando either the Lakeland area trails (TOE, Carter, Alafia) or the Ocala area trails (Santos, Razorback) will be within a reasonable drive. I live in Orlando, so if you are looking for someone to show you around, shoot me a message.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
jeremy - the TOE is no joke! i'd dare to say that it rivals hick park. i was scared on most of the stuff back in '02 when i still lived there in orlando....now it's completely insane! it's almost like a sandy and flat whistler :D
heck, even dangerous dan himself has hit it :thumb:

diff rider on the teeter tower

and don't forget about jumpland! (bohica schooling me)