Quantcast

Flow Park Pics

Someone requested that I post some of the pics I took last night so here they are. I'd be particularly interested if they seem too dark. I purposely underexposed the background, so it's the riders I'm curious about. I just got a new monitor and I may not have it calibrated just right yet. They look darker here at work, but this monitor is a POS.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
we need a sticky for SST pictures, the beard in the first pic rocks! Im starting a beard only team..all you do is a grow a beard...who wants in?
That would be me, I'm just getting started on the beard. Wait til the end of summer...

As far as the team thing goes, I'll have my agent call you.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Nice pics, looks like a fun day.

I went there the other day and was very disapointed to see that a small jump I built up top had been taken out. This small double was built for people to practice on before working up to the bigger stuff. It was built on a line that was not part of the original trail and did not lead into anything else, I am not sure what the point of taking it out was. I also noticed that someone had cut the fence to get dirt at the bottom, this does not make our "park" look good. I know I do not own the land and could expect things like this to happen, but I am officially done doing any kind of work at the flow park. Sorry to bitch, but I just had to get that off my chest.

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
alrigt! I'm famous now!

And I second that sticky suggestion!

And way ahead of you on the beard (Idea wise)

And as far as the destruction of the mini at the top, and the fence cut at the bottom, I'm sure a couple truck loads of dirt could get all that back into your desired order! then you'll be making the park more beautiful, and opening the door to great feats of expansion, maybe a beginners' area even!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
That sounds great, but who is going to bring in truck loads of dirt? SST is not a legal riding spot, the city would never open the gate for a truck to bring in dirt. My desired order is just for people not to destroy what they have not built. I am glad that people are building new things and maintaining existing jumps but it would be nice if some respect was given to what has already been built. I see no reason to waist my time expanding the park if jumps are going to be taken out by other bike riders, let alone the fact that the whole flow park will become a golf course or a highway in the next few years.

As far as great feats of expansion, perhaps I have already done that:

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Those are some good pictures Kim! I remember a few of those days. That was when everything was really dialed in. Wish all the people enjoying the place would take a bit of time to pick up a shovel and add a little dirt, the jumps and landings are all shrinking.

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
well the gate 'll be open when the Wednesday night races start back up. and define "not a legal riding spot" to me. 'Cause last I heard the city hasn't made any resent treats on the place. However I can see not destroying what you did not build, more so stuff that isn't in the way and can actually potentially help the growth of a community of riders, builders, and "save the park" partition signers.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
define "not a legal riding spot" to me.
it has not been sanctioned by the city. Stunts like those at the flow park will not pass liability sanctions of local government. They would like "safe" jumps like table tops not gaps. I am a poster child for having gaps be family friendly but its not going to fly with the city. I blew my knee out on a tiny table top on A line with a slipped pedal. If it was a gap I could have pushed into the back side of the landing.

City of Seatac would not like to know what is there. Places like Colonade are built under supervision and rules from the municipality. Seatac does not conform to these rules and we are all fortunate for this. Just food for thought... 9 out of 10 places we have to ride are not legal. Port Angeles is Legal.

CrashMaster

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Kim, that sucks your jump at the top got torn out. I don't know who did it.

The fence is gonna be put back after the step up is finished.

SST is not gonna get closed for any reason other that future development of the land. The fence, the gaps....it doesn't matter. People have been complaining about SST for years and warehouses or fairways are going to be the only thing that shuts it down.

Kim, it sucks you're this pissed about it, your jumps are some of the best ones. I mean, I know that's why you posted the pics, but whatever.

peace

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
Wish all the people enjoying the place would take a bit of time to pick up a shovel and add a little dirt, the jumps and landings are all shrinking.
The reality is most people rarely (if ever) give back and they've ALWAYS got an excuse for not helping (too busy, work, homework, no car, etc.). Of course, they're not too busy to ride SST once a week (or more often in some cases) and are more than happy to hit your jumps and progress their skills.

Kim, I hear you on not working out there anymore and can empathize with your frustration. I've got very little patience for these people any longer.

What about having a publicized "trail day" on a Saturday or Sunday with the goal of fixing several features or building new features? It seems a lot of folks don't have the knowledge, motivation or tools to fix a lip or a tranny, so having some supervision would likely be helpful. Then, on said trail day, you could work on features on every line which would essentially shut the flowpark down while work is being done. People could choose to help or they could head home........their choice. Just a thought.

Cheers,
EB

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Everyday used to be a trail day...

I think the frustration comes from why put any more effort into something thats just going to get abused and do it for the ungrateful. I don't know if people do it on purpose probably just lack of knowledge about how it used to be in much nicer shape then it is today.

Someone commented on a beginner line? There are atleast 1-2 beginner lines there, they are currently covered up by brush and not maintained. The last effort to make something beginner was ripped out recently for NO REASON. So all this is just making people want to put their effort in other places where everyone respects the trail.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Someone requested that I post some of the pics I took last night so here they are. I'd be particularly interested if they seem too dark. I purposely underexposed the background, so it's the riders I'm curious about. I just got a new monitor and I may not have it calibrated just right yet. They look darker here at work, but this monitor is a POS.

[/IMG]
I found Grizzly Adams! Do I win a prize! :D
Nice shots. :thumb:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I have always thought about doing a official trial day at sst. Lately I have been putting my efforts into a trail that should be around for a long time, you can see some of it in this gallery, its the 3rd jump line below the other 2.

http://bonesovermetal.com/colonnade-pix-from-karen-johanson/

There is a new work crew at sst now, fixing up things and building that new step up. The hole in the fence is not that big of a deal, sounds like it well be put back when the work is done. It seams like most people are willing to help, they just dont really know how to do trail work on there own.

Demo Ocho

Chimp
Feb 25, 2008
South of Canada
***BIG***BIG*** thanks to all SST builders for investing sooooo much hard work and time to create a so-fun-its-ridiculous place to ride!!

(Fact: Bullcrewz mom dreams of gettin' wit tha' Grizz....)

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
What about having a publicized "trail day" on a Saturday or Sunday with the goal of fixing several features or building new features? It seems a lot of folks don't have the knowledge, motivation or tools to fix a lip or a tranny, so having some supervision would likely be helpful. Then, on said trail day, you could work on features on every line which would essentially shut the flowpark down while work is being done. People could choose to help or they could head home........their choice. Just a thought.
that or a works club/ union with keycards to keep lazy people out, a stateoftheart security/ sound system(s) and a caretaker shack at the top with a roof drop:banana:

Blackout

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Security to keep out the tweakers sounds like a plan. You can't keep out the lazy people because they are every F'N place.

Nobody wants amateur builders messing with the jumps. So leave it to those who know what they are doing. Things out there are looking really fun.

Sep 9, 2007
lynnwood
The reality is most people rarely (if ever) give back and they've ALWAYS got an excuse for not helping (too busy, work, homework, no car, etc.). Of course, they're not too busy to ride SST once a week (or more often in some cases) and are more than happy to hit your jumps and progress their skills.

Kim, I hear you on not working out there anymore and can empathize with your frustration. I've got very little patience for these people any longer.

Cheers,
EB
sounds good to me im always down to dig on the weekends. set a date ill be there with some shovel and a chain saw.