Quantcast

Fluid Trainer

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
So I bought one of those fluid trainer things and I have been using it. But my fitness has not been showing an improvement.
This is what I have been doing.

15 easy spin warm-up @80rpm
3min moderate @ 80rpm
7min easy @ 80rpm
5min hard @80-90rpm
5min easy @80rpm
5min hard @80-90rpm
5min easy @80rpm
5min hard @80-90rpm
5min easy @80rpm
1min hard sprint
1min easy @80rpm
1min hard sprint
1min easy @80rpm
1min hard sprint
1min easy @80rpm
1min hard sprint
1min easy @80rpm
1min hard sprint
20 min easy spin @ 80rpm

What am I doing wrong here?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hmmm, what kind of gearing are you using and what exactly is your goal (speed, spower, endurance)?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
In the easy spin I am using middle ring and the middle of the cassette. For the hard efforts I am using the big ring and the highest or second highest gear in the rear.
For the quick one min sprints I am accelerating from the easy spin gear to the hard effort geat and holding as fast a pace as I can maintain for 1 min.

I have a few differnt goals.
I want to:
a) improve overall cardio capacity and raise my anerobic threshold
b) improve sprint performance, duration, and recovery speed
c) loose weight (easier to take pounds off my butt than ounces off my bike

What do you think?

where is JoJo on this as well?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hey i talked to my coach and he said feel free to contact him with questions you have about "trainers" and or training. Be sure to let him know who you are and that i reffered you (anyone of you monkeys.) He's a cat 3 road racer, a beginner mtb racer and a UCSF Expert certified coach and some other stuff to but i'll let him get into that.
His name is Joe Noack and his email is jnoack@attglobal.net
t

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
is that the ONLY ride you are doing on your trainer? b/c if it is that's where the problem is.......

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
actually if you keep doing that ride everyday you are going to end up goin backwards in your level of fitness b/c you aren't giving your body everyday. it's not good to do 2 days back to back of sprints. generally what i do is monday is a recovery spin just about an hour of easy about 80-90 rpms, tuesday's i do sprints (there are different levels of sprints that work on veryyyyyyy specific areas) and i generally warm up a good bit before i will do any sprints and then cool off a good bit, wensday i do a pretty light ride just above easy kinda a tempo ride w/ some medium pace thrown in, basically the same thing on thursday just add lots of time and then friday is active recovery day, basically do the same thing as monday, saturdays is another sprint day, and sunday will be race day in a few weeks but right now it's jsut a long tempo ride day. see if you just keep doing that one ride your muscles dont ever recover and you will continue to tear the muscle and you will only become weaker instead of the intended goal of becoming stronger (assuming that is the intended goal). try something along those lines and see what it does. results take time so be patient.