Fluidride CUp # 2 / Pro GRT # 1 schedule

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
2009 Fluidride Cup # 2 / PRO GRT stop # 1
April 30 - May 3rd - Port Angeles, Washington. USA

Schedule of events

**Note** Road Closure Notice!!!
The Hood Canal Bridge (which is the only access to the Olympic Peninsula from anywhere north of Olympia, Wa.) will be closing at midnight the evening of Thurs the 30th. If you are coming from the north and will be taking the Port Townsend/Keystone ferry this does not aeffect your route. If you are planning to take the Seattle to Kingston, Bainbridge, Bremerton, or Southworth ferries this will affect your driving plans!
You can find all the necessary detour routes here: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/SR104HoodCanalBridgeEast/Closures/drivedir.htm

We will be capping the amateur entries at 350 riders!!! The Pro entries are unlimited. We highly recommend you Pre-Register for the race to assure your entry. All 350 slots will most likeley be filled before registration ends. You can do so on the Ski Bowl website here: http://skibowl.com/index.php?page=race-registration

Entry Fees:
Thursday Practice, Friday Practice, Saturday Practice and Sunday Practice and Racing - $75
Friday Practice, Saturday Practice and Sunday Practice and Racing - $65
Saturday Practice, Sunday Practice and Racing - $55
**please note fees are slightly increased due to additional Thurs practice**

Thurs April 30th
10:00 am - Registration opens
12:00 am - 6:00 pm - DH Practice (all categories)
4:00 pm - Registration closes

Fri May 1st
8:30 am - Registration opens
10:00 am - 2:00 pm - DH Practice (Cat 3 & 2)
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm - DH Practice (Cat 1 & Pro)

Sat May 2nd
7:00 am - Registration opens
8:00am - 10:00 am DH Practice (Cat 3 & 2)
10:00 am - Registration closes (Cat 3)
10:00 am - 12:00 pm - DH Practice (Cat 1 & Pro)
1:00 pm - Racing starts (Cat 3)
2:30 pm - Pro Qualifying

Sun May 3rd
7:00 am - 9:00 am DH Practice (Cat 1, 2, Pro)
10:00 am Racing starts
Awards immediately after racing ends

Last edited:

Squam_DH

Chimp
Feb 24, 2009
I have heard that Canadians cannot pre-register for this race. Is this true?
I hope not cause I had so much fun at the first one.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I don't see why not. Try to do it and just enter your cycling bc member number,

I have heard that Canadians cannot pre-register for this race. Is this true?
I hope not cause I had so much fun at the first one.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
canucks don't count as real people do they? haha j/k

can't wait to get there!!! Finally get to race a real dh bike on a real dh track! YEOW!!

there's gonna be a bunch of heavy hitters there too....

you can find all this & more on the Fluidride site as well as PINNED's Pro GRT page

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
That section sucked. It almost got me on my race run and definitely took me out hard on Friday's practice.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Dang, with a cap of 350, by the time I've figured out whether or not I'm healed up enough to race, registration's gonna be full :disgust1:

eren said:
racing in the PNW is back! woohoo
Well, it wasn't ever gone really; Western WA just finally stepped up to the plate.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
the 350 cap will be a bummer for some... but i can fully understand being that they need to make sure they can handle the amount of people... better to make sure it's fun for everyone participating rather than making it a ****tier event.

I just found out that at this time there will not be dual slalom at this event either. if things change, we'll definitely let ya know!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
^^Oh, that's for sure, DD. I thoroughly understand, especially when you're talking shuttle trucks. There are only so many you can transport that way in a day. I saw the lines in the vid from race #1 at PA - - wow!

At least it shouldn't get compounded by afternoon siesta time like what happened during expert practice at Sea Otter last year :twitch:

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Its probably very smart not to have dual slalom racing at a dh event of this caliber. too much going on for two few of people running the show.

soooooooo........ whats the course gonna be for this one?:brows:

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
^^ Holy crap! whoever said there was going to be some heavy hitters showing up wasnt lying!
it's proof that racing isn't dead here in the states!! just need people who are into gravity racing... run gravity racing! & everyone work together! :D

there are several more world cup riders who mentioned that they "might" come... but can't commit yet. keepin my fingers crossed!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Registered!

If there isn't gonna be any DS, can we an least keep the douche bags from parking on the course so we can ride it?
A little impromptu Fri/Sat night DS jam could be fun...

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Registered!

If there isn't gonna be any DS, can we an least keep the douche bags from parking on the course so we can ride it?
A little impromptu Fri/Sat night DS jam could be fun...
Maybe they should just plow the course and bring back some of the parking,or provide a shuttle service from the lot across the highway!I hear you,but its only going to get worse next race.For this next race it might be a good idea to plow both couses.Is'nt growth a pain in the arse.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
i heard rumors of different courses for cat 1 and pros?
there are always dif courses between cat 1/pro and cat2/3, but if you are asking if the pros and cat 1 are running dif courses that is a good question? I don't see why they would. too much going on with course changes etc between racing

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
pro & cat 1 WILL be on the same track. ...which is unfortuate for me since i really wanted to race this event!! ...but it's more important for me to cover (photo/report/etc) rather than race.... damnit!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
The highly anticipated MTB film, Days of Dirt, from Theo Dilsworth & All Out Productions will be hosting their northwest premiere in conjunction with the PRO GRAVITY TOUR in Port Angeles, Washington!

Where?

The Lyre's Club - 229 West 1st Street

Date/Time?

Friday, May 1 @ 8pm!

*This is a Bar w/ a restaurant... so there won't be an age limit until the "bar atmosphere kicks in" (so about 9pm-ish)... then it's 21 & over!

There will be LIVE MUSIC on Friday night & a mellow atmosphere. However, the Lyre's Club will be celebrating their 1 year anniversary (the real celebration will be on Saturday night w/ live music from the "Rhythm Test" & a ALASKA Brew Promo!

for more info, contact Dylan Dean at jdd@dylan-dean.com