Quantcast

Fluidride: like a pro

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Fluidride is proud to introduce their long awaited instructional DVD!

Fluidride: Like A Pro Instructional Video
- released March ‘08

Fluidride: Like a Pro focuses on the body movement of successful cyclists, and breaks down complex movements into an easily understandable format. A mix of discussion, theory, physics, and actual lessons, Fluidride: Like A Pro tackles each section from a variety of angles with excellent trail riding and racing examples to illustrate technique. Created by Fluidride Owner Simon Lawton, a veteran downhill Pro and instructor of 15 years and ace rider Lars Sternberg, this video will help take your riding to the next level. Intended for riders of all off road disciplines from Novice to Expert.

Comments:
“Over the last fifteen years of instructing riders, and constantly looking to improve my own riding, I’ve been wanting to make a movie which encapsulates the core concepts I’ve been teaching. After meeting up with Mark Brent of Bones Over Metal, this project came to life. With a year of filming, editing and general perseverance, Fluidride: Like a Pro is now on the shelves! This movie has been a labor of love, and we are stoked to bring this movie to riders around the world. Special thanks go out to Lars Sternberg, Mark Brent, and the crew at Video Action Sports for bringing the movie to life .“
- Fluidride Founder/Owner Simon Lawton

Watch trailer here!

Loozinskin

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham,WA
This looks great... Will be picking up a copy as birthday present for a younger riding buddy. Will I be watching the crap out if it too? most def!

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
more riding and less talking,i know they need to explain what techniques theyre talking about but why not voice over some sick footy rather than have some dudes just sitting there.fundamentals was better.what i learned most was that i dont practice with cones enough.still gotta give those guys props for making a vid and having what looks like a cool series in the pac nw.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looks good. The tucked in elbows reminded me of a few riders I see out on the trails... laughed when I saw that :)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
more riding and less talking,i know they need to explain what techniques theyre talking about but why not voice over some sick footy rather than have some dudes just sitting there.fundamentals was better.what i learned most was that i dont practice with cones enough.still gotta give those guys props for making a vid and having what looks like a cool series in the pac nw.
you have deduced all of this from just watching a trailer?

i think it looks like some sections are going to be more helpful than fundamentals. in fundamentals it seemed like they gave a basic explanation and were then like, "hey, now watch me and do exactly what i'm doing." sometimes it really helps when people actually break everything down since you can easily think about what you need to do.

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
yeah, whats the story with people giving negative reviews from watching the trailer? at least watch the vid first...

I've ordered a copy, hopefully it breaks stuff down like skinny mike said, thats what I'm looking for.

Fundamentals was fine but I found it just skimmed though lots of stuff really. Still was helpful though. Hopefully fluidride brings it to the next level.

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
why would you think i havent seen the video.ive seen it.yes the whole thing.just lettin yall know what i thought after seeing the vid.thanks.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
I just watched it last night. Gotta say it's probably the most informative DH related video I've seen. Only wish they had gotten more in depth with the manual segment. I still havent figured that one out. Good job Simon, thanks for putting this together!!

Sinister17

Chimp
Mar 17, 2008
PNW
I liked it and, as others said, it was good to have some things broken down. More race/pro/riding footage is always nice (never can have enough, of course); however, I still think the video was great. I hope this is the start of a series, as I think Simon is a good teacher/communicator.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Whereas Fundamentals was a better produced, more entertaining video with some great footage, I found Like A Pro much better in terms of actual instruction.

Once you get past the somewhat hokey teaching phrases, the fact that the movie could have been 10 minutes shorter if Simon had opted to use the word "bike," and Lars sitting there and saying practically nothing during the instruction portions, it was very good.

They made sure not just to show racers ripping trails but also normal riders screwing up and looking awkward. Using that footage to teach about common mistakes was really the most helpful part, although they got some cool angles and slow mo shots that broke apart some of the more complex movements.

I am a sport class DH racer, and there was definitely still useful content for me. That said, it would have helped me out even more a couple years ago.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Overall, I liked it. I've done several clinics over the years and I still learned some stuff. I also thought there was a lot of stuff left out. Stuff that other people told me that really helped, but wasn't in there. Maybe that's in the sequal.
Ya, there could have been a little less talking in front of the green screen and a little more riding footage.
The comments about Simon and Lars talking is funny since I've known them both for so long. They're just being themselves.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Any in shop yet? I'll send me old lady over to pick it up and pop it in the post!!

WooooOOt...

oh yeah, thanks for the bars and the wicked sweet shirt - I'll be opening the east side resorts whilst wearing that beyotch!

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
Fluidride is proud to introduce their long awaited instructional DVD!

Fluidride: Like A Pro Instructional Video
- released March ‘08

Fluidride: Like a Pro focuses on the body movement of successful cyclists, and breaks down complex movements into an easily understandable format. A mix of discussion, theory, physics, and actual lessons, Fluidride: Like A Pro tackles each section from a variety of angles with excellent trail riding and racing examples to illustrate technique. Created by Fluidride Owner Simon Lawton, a veteran downhill Pro and instructor of 15 years and ace rider Lars Sternberg, this video will help take your riding to the next level. Intended for riders of all off road disciplines from Novice to Expert.

Comments:
“Over the last fifteen years of instructing riders, and constantly looking to improve my own riding, I’ve been wanting to make a movie which encapsulates the core concepts I’ve been teaching. After meeting up with Mark Brent of Bones Over Metal, this project came to life. With a year of filming, editing and general perseverance, Fluidride: Like a Pro is now on the shelves! This movie has been a labor of love, and we are stoked to bring this movie to riders around the world. Special thanks go out to Lars Sternberg, Mark Brent, and the crew at Video Action Sports for bringing the movie to life .“
- Fluidride Founder/Owner Simon Lawton

Watch trailer here!
guys best instructional ever..any chance of following up with a sequel?