Quantcast

Flying Aston Martin Beats Wrightbrothers

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I was in the grandstand at Le Mans when that Merc took off and disappeared into the trees (big screen opposite). The whole place went deathly quiet as you could not imagine the driver surviving. Happily he was fine (Peter Dumbreck iirc). Merc withdrew their remaining cars shortly after (one had done something similar but less catastrophic in practice).

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Wow, thats pretty amazing.

It looks like the brake trouble put him into a slide which pushed him off the side of the track. The 'superior' aerodynamics of the car frisbeed him, this was helped by the dropping run-off area letting the car go as far as it did.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Smelly said:
I think that dude just pulled the biggest 180 in the history of cars. Too bad he didn't throw in an cross up or a no footer for good measure.
he did throw a no footer, you just couldn't see with the car around him!:rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
Lets see ya stinkin' Corvette do that Shirley.;)
Im pretty sure Evel Kneivel jumped further than that in a Grand Torino before. OVER other cars. Like a real man, not some faggy james bond fag.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
BurlyShirley said:
Im pretty sure Evel Kneivel jumped further than that in a Grand Torino before. OVER other cars. Like a real man, not some faggy james bond fag.
You can't play the Evel Knievel card. That's not fair. He's not like other humans.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
You can't play the Evel Knievel card. That's not fair. He's not like other humans.
How bout the General Lee then? Surely the Duke boys have that record beat...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
jacksonpt said:
the video is terribly anticlimactic. Echo, you're not missing anything.
Guess you failed to watch the Mercedes video below :clue:

Yah jimbob, it also sucks cause they weren't turning left, driving like asshats and colliding with each other causing some major damage :rolleyes:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
yea, the mercedes one was pretty spectacular, but if memory serves, your thread is about an aston martin... and that vid was disappointing at best.

God forbid anyone ever disagree with you...