Quantcast

Flying bikes...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wait, is this from today? From the Giro?

So am I to assume that Millar didn't even finish that close to the finish line? Doesn't he have to cross with his bike to ride tomorrow?

(I'm not following the Giro this year, too busy... but I think you should put SPOILER in there somewhere.)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
:rofl::rofl:

I read about that on Velonews.com.....too bad for Millar, he had a good shot at winning

<edit> Whats more amazing is that he didn't crash when he broke his chain mid sprint

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Wait, is this from today? From the Giro?

So am I to assume that Millar didn't even finish that close to the finish line? Doesn't he have to cross with his bike to ride tomorrow?

(I'm not following the Giro this year, too busy... but I think you should put SPOILER in there somewhere.)
http://www.velonews.com/article/76268/brutt-battles-to-stage-5-win

*****&#8217;s chances were greatly improved when David Millar&#8217;s chain broke just as the Slipstream-Chipotle captain was stomping the pedals to counter the move.

Millar had already negated a stab by Spanish climber Fran P&#233;rez (Caisse d&#8217;Epargne) and looked to be the strongest in the group. When he realized he had lost his chance to add a Giro stage to his wins at the Tour de France and Vuelta a Espa&#241;a, he flung his useless bicycle over the fencing in a fit of rage.

&#8220;I was totally motivated to win the stage. All my rage just came out at the moment,&#8221; Millar told Italian TV at the line. &#8220;I will try again, not tomorrow, but in a few more days. I hope to win a stage in this Giro.&#8221;

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
inlining it to save people the click (note the new "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" tag) [youtube]xqTKaDmUr1w

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Oh, the end was so dirty and sleezy, Millar's incident was just foreplay.
Sucking wheel till the end is playing dirty?? :p

<edit> I edited out the name of the winner from my post above, all is good

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Sucking wheel till the end is playing dirty?? :p

<edit> I edited out the name of the winner from my post above, all is good

He acted tired, fainted and then gave the crowd a hand gesture or did I read that wrong in velonews? couldn't take one pull?? NOt one?? What was the hand gesture?? Was it the finger?? I didn't really get that part so I read what I wanted into it:)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
He acted tired, fainted and then gave the crowd a hand gesture or did I read that wrong in velonews? couldn't take one pull?? NOt one?? What was the hand gesture?? Was it the finger?? I didn't really get that part so I read what I wanted into it:)
The hand gesture was talking about the last Russian to win a stage, that was an awesome photo BTW....I'll see if I can dig it up. I was joking about playing dirty, the guy won in a really sleazy way

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
found it....someone made a comment in the press about him being washed up, and then shortly afterwards he won this stage

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Thanks. That guy most have some big balls to do that. Don't know how much class or style that has, but it sure is a statement. Italians like that passionate stuff anyway.