Quantcast

FN-H FNP-9 or SW M&P 9

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
so im in the market for a new hand gun. I held both the m&p 9mm and fnp 9 this past weekend and fell in love with both. Unfortunately I have no real trigger time on either. But i think I like them both enough to just pull the trigger and get one. I have no plans to carry this weapon for any significant amount of time. It will spend most of its life in the range bag or case.

Just wondering if any of the RM gun enthusiests could give their advice on any if they have any. Should I not buy one in the dark like this? can I even go wrong with either, especially if they feel ergonomically sound? This is my first hand gun purchase.

Also any experience with gunbroker.com?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
so im in the market for a new hand gun. I held both the m&p 9mm and fnp 9 this past weekend and fell in love with both. Unfortunately I have no real trigger time on either. But i think I like them both enough to just pull the trigger and get one. I have no plans to carry this weapon for any significant amount of time. It will spend most of its life in the range bag or case.

Just wondering if any of the RM gun enthusiests could give their advice on any if they have any. Should I not buy one in the dark like this? can I even go wrong with either, especially if they feel ergonomically sound? This is my first hand gun purchase.

Also any experience with gunbroker.com?
Never been in here before. I guess I'll post a few :)

I have a 94 Taurus PT92C. Which is basically a Beretta M9 with a few improvements. I cant imagine liking a pistol more than I like this one. Solid, reliable and accurate with very little recoil. It feels substantial without being overly bulky.

Standard model carries 17 rounds. Mine is the C model which is identical except that the handle is slightly shorter thus carrying only 12 rounds.

They also make this pistol that has been modified to fire the .40 round. That model is called the PT100 I believe.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Yeah thanks for the advice guys. I pulled the trigger on the M&P 9L (5" barrel) yesterday got a smoking deal too i think. $505 shipped

250 rd of 9 mm range ammo for $53 too.