Quantcast

f'n snow man, f'n snow

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow i wake up this morning and it is snowing like hell. cant tell the difference between the grass and the sidewalk. heaviest part is supposed to happen today.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Be glad you don;t live in Upstate NY!
ya'll got dumped on last week didnt ya? i saw on the news some houses that were right on the coast and these houses were completely incased in ice from the sea spray. i cant remember which state they were in but these people couldnt open their doors or anything. the houses looked fake.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
priceseliger14 said:
be glad you dont live in NH... lots of snow and its cold. but makes for good skiing
i would love to go snowboarding but i cant get around in this stuff because of my car. its pretty lame really.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
biggins said:
trust me i am. :p :p
No your not. Because even if i do have over a foot sitting outside as soon as it melts I've got 4 lift access mountains to ride at within an our..........man I hate NY :rolleyes:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Lexx D said:
No your not. Because even if i do have over a foot sitting outside as soon as it melts I've got 4 lift access mountains to ride at within an our..........man I hate NY :rolleyes:
im just givin ya a hard time. ive done some riding in new york and seen some of the state and it is gorgeous once you get away from that damn city. It was strange though cause we were only an hour or so outside the city riding and there was no one else out. it was almost like you had to drive way upstate to find people that actually indulged in outdoor pursuits. real good fly fishing up there as well.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I know you were just bustin balls, i'm just planting the seed of coming up here and riding at platty this summer. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i would like to do a snowshoe/diablo/platty/whatever else trip this summer. only problem is that it seems like most of them are only open on the weekend. Oh also i met some of the nicest people ever in new york. they willingly showed this ol' hillbilly some good times. they even let me have one of their women and she wuit her job and came here with me.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
biggins said:
i saw on the news some houses that were right on the coast and these houses were completely incased in ice from the sea spray. i cant remember which state they were in but these people couldnt open their doors or anything. the houses looked fake.
I saw that too. Sick stuff! It was in Mass., near Glouster I think?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah i think so. i wonder what kind of damage was done by that to those multi million dollar homes?

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
McGRP01 said:
Be glad you don;t live in Upstate NY!
Why? I've been putting in 2-3 hours/week riding outside. It's not too bad as long as you have the clothes for it. Usually an hour or so 2-3x/week. As long as you can get out on the roads. Of course, the snow derby is always a fun idea :thumb:

Jan 24, 2005
powhatan va
i live in va...we havent gotten a lot of snow, but enough to keep me from ridin a day or 2 but i had to take the bike out in it...fun stuff...good luck to yall in ny, haha....

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Send it up here. Haven't had snow in 2 months and the trails are almost clear. (heck for thsoe who know the area I can hike and ride part of lower a-line and probably heart of darkness is clear too I bet)