Quantcast

f'n snow ruining my plans

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so i have a job interview coming up saturday to be a fly fishing guide and instructor and need to log some river time. had planned on fishing every day this week.

I wake up this morning and there is snow everywhere. I normally fish in the snow, snow days have been some of the most productive fishing days for me, the only problem is that i cant get there in my car. Bummer.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Yeah it's too bad you southern boys don't know how to drive in the snow :D\

Oh and good luck with the fly fishing job

J

JRB

biggins said:
I normally fish in the snow, snow days have been some of the most productive fishing days for me, the only problem is that i cant get there in my car. Bummer.
Yeah - I would try a boat.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Lexx D said:
Yeah it's too bad you southern boys don't know how to drive in the snow :D\

Oh and good luck with the fly fishing job

whoa wait a minute there, its not that i cant drive in the snow its that my car does not go in the snow.

you oughts see the yanks when they encounter our roads anyway, they go soooooo slow. but that is not the issue here, the issue is that the clock is tick, tick, ticking away.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I just moved to MD from NC last fall and there seems to be a bit more snow here. I have noticed in my short time here that Yankee drivers aren't any better drivers in the snow. Its a myth. Its just that they have plows here and the roads are cleared as it snows. Let them drive in the snow with out clear roads and see whos better? I think it just gives them a chance to bitch about us southerners.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah they take every opportunity they get but then they all move here WTF.

where in NC are ya?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I was in Chapel Hill. I got up to Asheville quite often (every other weekend). Didn't ride much then, I was on a boating kick.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
werd, lemme know when ya come up again. hey speaking of boating, do you know anyone that wants to buy a boat for very very very cheap?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
biggins said:
werd, lemme know when ya come up again. hey speaking of boating, do you know anyone that wants to buy a boat for very very very cheap?
What kind of boat? How cheap? I've been looking (half-heartedly) at getting a used creek boat to replace my (getting dusty) playboat. Not that I would drive 10hrs to get it. I'm just curious.

Since I moved to MD I'm really not boating anymore. I was paddling c1 and my knees were f'in killing me so I started riding again and now I'm hooked on that. Plus my wife rides but doesn't paddle so there you go... If I start paddling again I'll go K1 to spare the knees. Or maybe I'll just take up guitar.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
pyranha pro zone 235, needs thigh braces (bout 60 bucks). i'll let it go for 125 bucks and its in pretty damn good shape.