Quantcast

Foes 2010

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Foes presents it's new lineup of lighter, faster sleds.

---

The new Foes lineup looks pretty sweet. The Flagship Dh bike has lost almost a pound, and weighs in about 38 pounds with their own inverted 10 pound fork. It now has integrated fork bumpers and an included mud fender for the rear wheel.

The RFX now has the option of either a 150mm rear axle swingarm, or a QR rear axle swingarm. They are both ready to go, but only the TA was on display as the other rear came off a demo bike and is scratches to hell from dirt demo.

One of he coolest show bikes in Vegas, was the Foes city bikes. Full chopper style with replaceable, length and color adjustable screw on bars and topcap. The stem is also an in house item.

Attachments

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I wish they'd put ISCG mounts on the RS7 as well as the Mono.:think:
they are on the new DHS 2:1.
the system on the RS7 is pretty basic really. its really only a rear guide plate and you can use any bash ring with it...its a pretty light setup
heres mine:

Last edited:

Jase76

Monkey
Aug 10, 2007
Australia
they are on the new DHS 2:1.
the system on the RS7 is pretty basic really. its really only a rear guide plate and you can use any bash ring with it...its a pretty light setup
heres mine:
I saw it for the Mono, looks good. :thumb:

I'd just really like the option to run a G2 on the RS7 as well. Not that there was really anything wrong with the proprietary MRP guide on my old 2:1 Mono. I just like to have options. It might sound like a small thing, but its pretty much the only reason I wouldn't buy an RS7.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I saw it for the Mono, looks good. :thumb:

I'd just really like the option to run a G2 on the RS7 as well. Not that there was really anything wrong with the proprietary MRP guide on my old 2:1 Mono. I just like to have options. It might sound like a small thing, but its pretty much the only reason I wouldn't buy an RS7.
if thats the only reason you wouldnt buy one, then you are crazy. the guide plate and the Party Crasher Lite from MRP is a far better idea then the G2 on this bike...i guess im used to having their proprietary mounts since ive had a foes for 9 years now.

p.s. can you see the pic i posted? i cant seem to see it for some reason

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Its working now. Thats a very nice bike, whats your HA with that fork?
i had it around 64/65 ish...stock is 66*, but i had the stanchions pushed down on the fork.
id measure it, but i actually just sold the frame on Friday. im just waiting to sell my DHS and ill be out of all my Foes frames.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
After they screwed me on a warranty I swore Id never buy one. How do they stay open? Who do they sell these frames too.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
After they screwed me on a warranty I swore Id never buy one. How do they stay open? Who do they sell these frames too.
i thankfully have had great success and communication from them since 2000. thankfully i havent had any warranty type problems...which is why i continue to buy them.
the XC/AM bikes arent too popular around here, but the DH bikes are definitely around

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
I bought one. Used Zig Zag (I think?) 4x frame on eBay as a mini full suspension bike. I ended up riding it more. The main frame was nicely done, but the linkage components were terrible. I sold it on eBay less than a year later, don't know where it is now.

The only other Foes I've ever seen in person was an older (circa 00 or 01) DH model hanging on the wall at a rental shop in Vail, CO that closed down a few years ago.

I did just put a big Foes banner sticker on one of my crutches so that I can see them at night from bed (the sticker's very reflective) so that I don't make as much noise when I have to hobble to the bathroom.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I bought one. Used Zig Zag (I think?) 4x frame on eBay as a mini full suspension bike. I ended up riding it more. The main frame was nicely done, but the linkage components were terrible. I sold it on eBay less than a year later, don't know where it is now.
Apart from the horrible shock, I had linkage problems on my FXR too. The scissor-linkage was ill-designed with an absolutely crazy-long bolt running through everything. That bolt would bend without even bottoming the bike, and it cost quite a bit to replace the parts that were always damaged by this happening. The frame was designed to be laterally stiff, but that was really the only real positive aspect.