Votes: 12 27.3%
  • other color

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I am getting my FLY warrentied and Im thinking of changing the color. It was red before (check the sig). I really dont want black. Im thinking the white looks pretty sweet.

Post pics of Flys. Help me pick a color... well red or white are my choices unless I want to spend another $200.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Kanter said:
I am getting my FLY warrentied and Im thinking of changing the color. It was red before (check the sig). I really dont want black. Im thinking the white looks pretty sweet.

Post pics of Flys. Help me pick a color... well red or white are my choices unless I want to spend another $200.
I'm not sure white is a standard color anymore. I thought the plan was to have silver replaced it this year, so you may get charged for a custom color if you really want white (unless they have some already painted in white that they didn't sell).

Red is very flashy, but white is more unique. Very tough call.

I got my FXR in their "silver" and it looks very nice, but it sounds like you're set on white or red.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not white. It looked cool for about a day on my FXR, but it looks dirty so darn fast it is unreal, and then unless you wash it every day it ends up looking dirty all the time. I'm not getting another white bike ever.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
It's a Foes. Get Red. Now, if I had 2 Foes bikes...I don't know if the second would be red or not. Most likely silver or white. ...dreaming of a FXR/Fly stable one day...

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I like the red.....but I really dig the matte grey they have for the FXR. That and the chrome on on MTBR a couple years ago.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, I took all the stickers and 3M protective tape off and waxed the entire frame last night. I used Meguires fine cut, cleaner wax, then NXT. This is the best combo for car paint I have found. The paint turned out awesome. I dont think I really need this thing painted. I had so much protective tape on it, that it really doesn't have many scratches at all. I even had the chainstays protected by the tires to protect against rocks coming off the tire.

The paint did come off one area when I took the 3M clear protective tape. Factory defective paint maybe?

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I kind of like the look with no stickers. Yes, I put the ROMIC back on. I dont want to send it in with the Avalanche... just incase something happens during shipping.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Jeez my bikes are never that clean. Not even my road bikes.

New paint? I don't see why. And plus, don't you need all your money for your never-ending quest for the right tires?

Turd Ferguson

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Burbank
Kanter said:
Well, I took all the stickers and 3M protective tape off and waxed the entire frame last night. I used Meguires fine cut, cleaner wax, then NXT. This is the best combo for car paint I have found. The paint turned out awesome. I dont think I really need this thing painted. I had so much protective tape on it, that it really doesn't have many scratches at all. I even had the chainstays protected by the tires to protect against rocks coming off the tire.

The paint did come off one area when I took the 3M clear protective tape. Factory defective paint maybe?

Anal is not just for fags anymore :)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Turd Ferguson said:
Anal is not just for fags anymore :)
I just wanted the bike as clean and good looking as possible so, Foes can see I take care of it.

She sure looks good with 1700 DH/FR miles, 4 trips to Whistler, 2 trips to the North Shore, 6 or more trips to Fernie, 4 Beacon trips, and lots of local shuttles and trail rides. Shows ya what a bike will look like after 3 summers of hard riding if you take care of it.

Im surprised the paint stripped off with the Foes stickers and 3M on the downtube.