Quantcast

Foes F1 XTD fork foes 2:1 Mono help

Aug 17, 2008
I just bought a used 2007 Foes 2:1 and it has the F1 XTD inverted fork on it
any tips on tuning it (please no sell it and buy a fox/boxxer comments)

should it make an air sucking/blowing noise from the right leg when compressed/extended?

also does anyone have some stiffer Curnutt Springs for the Rear mine is set up for about a 160 pound rider and i am closer to 210 pounds

I would trade/buy springs

any tips would be appriciated

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
the sucking and blowing is most likely due to the damping circuit. probably an open bath, marz makes similar noises as it sucks up oil

Covenasty

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
Altadena
I just bought a used 2007 Foes 2:1 and it has the F1 XTD inverted fork on it
any tips on tuning it (please no sell it and buy a fox/boxxer comments)

should it make an air sucking/blowing noise from the right leg when compressed/extended?

also does anyone have some stiffer Curnutt Springs for the Rear mine is set up for about a 160 pound rider and i am closer to 210 pounds

I would trade/buy springs

any tips would be appriciated
the sucking/blowing sound is normal, finding the right spring is trickey, I'm 185 and run a 250 and 300 ti on my mono, I have the duel ti setup....you might need to get these froms Foes, and the ti springs are stupid expensive.... also, I'm thinking of selling mine, could you let me know what you paid... I was thinking $2,200 for the bike....

Covenasty

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
Altadena
as far as tuning the fork, start with getting the right spring from Foes, then I run about 35 psi in the rebound and 3.5 turns "left" on the compression side... but i like it a little on the soft side..(that's what she said!!!!!!).... where are you located????

Last edited: