Quantcast

>>@Foggybrained Turdsday GMT@<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Wife's been needling me about getting rid of my four year old Moto X phone for a while now but I didn't want to. Yesterday I hit my breaking point though....it was getting tired and slow and wouldn't hold a charge for longer than a few hours. So yesterday morning I told the wife it was time, and in true wife fashion I had a new phone by the end of the day. Galaxy S8. :happydance: This phone is way too cool for the likes of me. I hope it doesn't blow up in my pocket and rip my penis off. :(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
'Morning. Wife's been needling me about getting rid of my four year old Moto X phone for a while now but I didn't want to. Yesterday I hit my breaking point though....it was getting tired and slow and wouldn't hold a charge for longer than a few hours. So yesterday morning I told the wife it was time, and in true wife fashion I had a new phone by the end of the day. Galaxy S8. :happydance: This phone is way too cool for the likes of me. I hope it doesn't blow up in my pocket and rip my penis off. :(
Look on the bright side: If it does blow it off you can get gender reassignement surgery and then win all your races:rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Dog park + ice cream = good night last night. Now the rain moves in, again, and I will do my best to push through it and continue working on the trailer. Getting close now. Just need to crimp terminals on all wires and connect to finish off electrical, hook up the pumps and hoses to finish plumbing, then drag it somewhere level to set up the weight distribution hitch. Then it shall be ready for it's maiden voyage!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rain. Heading is pounding, but at least my coughing has settled down a bit.

Just took a conference call from my bed and now I guess I should roll into work. Ugh.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Foot problems = kill list.

rehearsals today for the Street Fighter V championships could be kill list
hitch for the new car ordered not kill list
kid's last day of school today not kill list

need to pack for the weekend at the lake. I hope the water is not overly muddy and the fishing is good, but I am not holding my breath on that, given the amount of rain we have had.

I have to work Monday = kill list
Holiday pay is not kill list.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Another round of torrential rain and low 50s is here, what a spring we've been having so far. :mad:
A rogue gummy bear just robbed me of one dental crown, looks like my dentist will be buying a new bike soon. In other news, I still don't get the point of plus bikes, besides revenue generation. Whenever I have one in a group ride, I know who's gonna be the guy walking even mildly challenging spots. :disgust1:

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Forgot one good news piece. I was in the liquor store, looking at Ryes to give a buddy for his B-day, but ended up buying a bottle of Colorado's own Stranahan's, barrel #12-1733 I believe. I hope it was a good one. I will report back after the lake trip where it will inevitably get cracked open.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Awesome kabobs last night :drool: and leftovers for lunch today.

Lunch ride planned, if not raining. Perhaps I should make that a breakfast ride, but I'm not super motivated yet.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I have coffee, but not a new phone, so I guess I don't have to worry about losing my penis, which is nice. Picking up the kid at 11 from "field day", then I guess summer vacation starts officially. It's much harder to entertain a 9 year old than it is me. I'm not sure what that means.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS.

Haley has her pre-K graduation ceremony today (wtf is that?), so half day for me. Unfortunately that half day is the middle of the day, so I get to come to work twice. Shipping confirmation on my new tire, so I should be able to setup Saturday. All bits ordered to cut the cord. That should happen within a week or two.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Last day before 4 day weekend. Heading up to Summit tomorrow morning for some park time tomorrow as well as Saturday. Hopefully it's not stupid packed for opening weekend. Can't wait to get more time on the new rig.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Finished fence/gates and hauling away all the associated crap yesterday. Lost 10lbs while doing so (must've been all the water weight, haha). Side yard looks so much better. Some detailing to go (moving rock and such), though now, wife wants to replace rest of fence between other neighbor and front yard section.

So much to do, so little time due to riding........

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ice cream = good night
Adults should have ice cream more often. Except for those already with the diabeetus. I have this fond memory of my dad (still alive, just a good memory) grinning with an ice cream cone in hand a la a little kid.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I slept a glorious 10 hours last night and am beginning to feel human again. High winds and a surprise rain shower have eliminated the chance of a ride this morning so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

In Trump news our republican senate candidate grabbed a reporter by the throat, body slammed and punched him several times yesterday evening. It is now possible the we will be sending a singing cowboy to Washington.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Since I got the pooch, I bought a couple things of Chewy (who says google ads don't work) and I was really happy with the prices and orders are here in 2 days (free shipping over $50). I ordered "The Stick" and it seemed like a cool idea. It looked cool, but it had a funk to it. I tried to get Abbey to fetch it, but she just sniffed it and walked away. :rofl:

I got an email "Write a review..." so I did. I gave it 2 stars, cool design and idea with a fail on execution. I just got an email that Chewy refunded my $12 for the fail of The Stick.

On a bike related note, picked up Lil Mans bike last night, got it tore down and started stripping the paint. The cranks aren't as long as they looked in the pic, so I will keep them and just paint and new bearings. Seat, tires, brake kit, pedals, grips, chain, and frame sticker kit. $75 total, maybe $15 in paint and stripper, total build $130 for a pimp ass freewheel first bike,

I am more excited than he will be, I'm sure. :rofl:

<edit> I'm still not 100% what bike this is. It is a Redline frame for sure, but it is a steel frame (not Pitboss) and has brake cable bosses (Raid is coaster brake). It also has Skyways, but those could have been added later. No idea on the age, but I don't think it is "vintage".

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In Trump news our republican senate candidate grabbed a reporter by the throat, body slammed and punched him several times yesterday evening. It is now possible the we will be sending a singing cowboy to Washington.
It's lucky for him he wasn't charged with felony assault; he might not have been able to vote for himself. Though I can't quite figure out how law enforcement decides whether to bring a misdemeanor or felony charge. It seems a relevant question since the candidate contributed to the sheriff's election campaign.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's lucky for him he wasn't charged with felony assault; he might not have been able to vote for himself. Though I can't quite figure out how law enforcement decides whether to bring a misdemeanor or felony charge. It seems a relevant question since the candidate contributed to the sheriff's election campaign.
I think bodily harm and premeditated intent would be factors, the details of this incident seem to point to the lesser charge.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just sent a "tech support" email to Redline with a picture and info. "WTF is this?" Looking at BMX Museum it looks like an MX-16, but the head tube doesn't have a gusset in the years they have.

<edit> Looks like an early Raid

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Road bike hipsters and corners don't mix. Good thing he was wearing that hat to protect his brain!

This is the main reason I gave up on fixie riding in town. I'm still on a single speed, but fixie is plain dumb. You can't corner. I live close to the bottom of a hill. You have to bleed all your speed in order to make the corner at the bottom of a hill, which is really annoying. and also dangerous. Imagine there was a bus there instead of a wall (which is what my riding is like).
I think bodily harm and premeditated intent would be factors, the details of this incident seem to point to the lesser charge.
don't you be rainin' on my liberal fantasy-parade!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Forgot one good news piece. I was in the liquor store, looking at Ryes to give a buddy for his B-day, but ended up buying a bottle of Colorado's own Stranahan's, barrel #12-1733 I believe.
name of liquor store.....i might be in atlanta for chris rock on saturday....

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
@stevew Greens on Buford Highway. Easy sidetrip for your potential commute to The Fox.

There was one bottle of the single barrel on the shelf, but they may have more. Two or three bottles of the blend on the shelf as well.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Large amounts of thunder overhead suggests this afternoons ability to have a ride might be curtailed.

edit: house actually just shook from the last thunder clap, dishes clinked on the work surface next to the kitchen sink...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Speaking of Atlanta. I'm gonna be there for a wedding this weekend. What are some good ways to kill a few hours? Any can't miss food or beer spots?
wish i could help.....i only ever go there for concerts...

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Speaking of Atlanta. I'm gonna be there for a wedding this weekend. What are some good ways to kill a few hours? Any can't miss food or beer spots?
I don't get put much due to the terms of my release and have been banned from most establishments in the state that serve alcohol, but...I recently checked out the nightlife in downtown Decatur and had a good time. Try Twain's brewpub and billiards, the brickstore had good food. I have been wanting to check out, sister Louisa's Church of the Living Room and Ping Pong Emporium, but have not made it yet.