Quantcast

foldable 20" tires

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
seems like over past few months quite a few foldable super light 20" street tires came out.
i was gonna pick up another KHE park, but what are some other options out there that might be better then KHE?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
a lot of people trash on KHE's but I personally like them. I'm running a dirt up front and a 2.1 park in the rear. REALLY like this combo a lot.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I've been eyeing the KHEs, I could drop a pound and a half off of my bike with them. I'm not sure it's worth $85 though.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Funny this thread came up. I had been running the KHE dirt front and back for a bit, then just the front for a long time. For some reason, I felt like ever since I had built up that bike, something just didn't feel quite right. Just today, I put on a Comp III up front (the new version, not quite the same as the old ones). It's amazing the difference. My bike felt 10 times better at the trails. Actually, it was kind of weird at first because there was so much of a difference. The bike is waaay more stable and fun now... it just feels right. I really think the lack of centrifugal force or whatever with that light of a tire really makes a huge difference on 20" wheels (especially when flying at the trails). I will never run that light of tire again.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I loved them for street. I ran 2.1" Streets, then 1.9" Parks because I could get away with it. I had big Ruben tires before and the weight made 3s, 540 taps, etc. much easier. Some people hate it though, and I'd think for trails they wouldn't be so good unless you're really finesse.

I now have the 2.1" Streets laying around, and no BMX bike. *spam* I'd sell them cheap so you could try them...

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I loved them for street. I ran 2.1" Streets, then 1.9" Parks because I could get away with it. I had big Ruben tires before and the weight made 3s, 540 taps, etc. much easier. Some people hate it though, and I'd think for trails they wouldn't be so good unless you're really finesse.

I now have the 2.1" Streets laying around, and no BMX bike. *spam* I'd sell them cheap so you could try them...
a pair of 2.1 street KHEs?
how much?
PM me with the info.....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
PMed. One more note: they're not much different from the Parks. At least I didn't notice much difference. I never had flat problems with either so don't be expecting a huge change. Some people say they have much better luck with Streets though.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
PMed. One more note: they're not much different from the Parks. At least I didn't notice much difference. I never had flat problems with either so don't be expecting a huge change. Some people say they have much better luck with Streets though.
whoah, talk about a blast from the past! dude, where you been!?!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Haha yeah it's been a while. I moved to Europe for 9 months and was really busy with school/host fam/etc. The riding sucked where I was and I ended up selling my BMX and being bike-less for a while. Just building up my DH bike right now, gonna get a fixie soon. I think since every good spot is so far for me I'm done with the BMX thing for a bit (although probably not permanently seeing as I can't stay away from the DJ forum...)

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
once you get hooked on 20s, it's hard to let it go. I'm in the process of selling off my mtb b/c I don't have time for it anymore. I can ride the 20 around the house and be pretty happy with it. been putting some pretty decent miles on my cross check lately too. good to mix it up every once in a while...

good to see you back on the forum.