Quantcast

Follow Me on iTunes May 10!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I'm pretty sure we didn't watch this movie at the same time or the same place... My lasting memory of the movie was how the last section was ruined by how laughably sped up the footage was. This wasn't a case of good angles that capture speed or transitioning from slow to normal speed. Obviously we didn't see the same section the same way, so it's possible the projection screen and angle I was watching it from made it appear different. I certainly know what I saw though, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it...
maybe you watched it somewhere hokey...

i have watched in my computer a few times and still can't see where it would look sped up... looks like two of the best/fastest riders in the world tearing down a pretty steep and open trail.

some of the heli shots look a bit odd because of the amount of fast movement if the foreground, but focusing on the riders you can tell it is all legit.

good angles, good editing, good trail, and good riders

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
maybe you watched it somewhere hokey...

i have watched in my computer a few times and still can't see where it would look sped up... looks like two of the best/fastest riders in the world tearing down a pretty steep and open trail.

some of the heli shots look a bit odd because of the amount of fast movement if the foreground, but focusing on the riders you can tell it is all legit.

good angles, good editing, good trail, and good riders
There must have been something hokey with the set up at the premier I was at. Good to know. I'll have to re-watch it on a tv some evening.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
cinematography was amazing. best shot video. ever.
cant wait for the blu-ray option. the bit-rate on Itunes stinks

the Smith/Atherton scene was ridiculous

Last edited:
S

seespotendo

just bought it and am currently downloading it. pumped to see it, 40 minutes away!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Wasn't all that impressed.
A few good bangers, but nothing new. I guess I just like to watch videos to see new attempts at stuff, not a fan of the "lifestyle vids".
Not complaining, its from the Collective film crew and that's what they do.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
to us mortals it looks sped up.

though, Itunes awesome bit-rate makes it look fast/crappy too
Looked pretty good, but their definition of HD is certainly not mine (1920x1080).

Movie was pretty good apart from some of the music, though I was digging the reggae. It seemed to stop too early at the Gee/Stevie section which was easily the best.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Looked pretty good, but their definition of HD is certainly not mine (1920x1080P).

It seemed to stop too early at the Gee/Stevie section which was easily the best.
fixed.
it's Itunes. the transfer sucks and its 1280x720 @131kbps :think:. its still technically HD, but not true HD....but itll hold us over till the BD version arrives.

and i agree, gee's and steve's section seemed to be cut short.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Total bikegasm at the Gee/Smith scene...then it ended. Where was the cuddle after sex??
Stevie Smith stole the show.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
I'm going to agree with a lot of the earlier reviews. I was not a fan. Great riding but a lot of the editing/production sucked in my opinion (first section that comes to mind was the night dirt jump section at Windells). The riding in that section rocked, but it was ruined by some cheesey editing color scheme that had nothing to do with the riding or film as a whole. Could have also been the itunes version, but quite a few of the shots looked like they were shot with a cheapo HI-8 camcorder where the rest looked fantastic.

I would give it a 5 out of 10, as it just came across looking rushed and thrown together. Definitely not their earlier work. On a brighter note, they didn't shamelessly plug products like in their older movies.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I don't know guys, I got a chance to see it on a big screen in a movie theatre and it completely rocked. Are you guys watching it on your iphones or something? I thought the movie was great

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm going to agree with most other sentiments. The first half of the movie sucked, little too much butter smooth jumping for my tastes and poor editing (really? selective color dirtjumping? what is this, bad engagement portraits?), aside from Hill's segment. In the same vein, soundtrack for the first half wasn't really what I was expecting - Rise Against and pop-punk queens combined with crappy white people reggae. I'm okay with the single RAesque offering they normally put in their movies, but this seemed a little barrage-like.

It really seemed to be coming into its own in the last fifteen minutes, but then it abruptly ended. I felt like it seemed kind of rushed and hashed together - pressure from sponsors to release a product at Sea Otter? I know Fraser was talking about shooting while they were filming on the Shore a mere month or two before it was to be released. I think with a few more months of filming and a little more congruent editing they could've released something fantastic. I definitely felt like it had the potential to be spectacular, but fell short for pretty mundane reasons.

Also:
Way too heavy on dumb brostoke narration...worse than previous Collective movies. I know they've always been pretty bad in that regard (something I've overlooked because of the superb quality of everything else), but it was definitely worse this time around. For the love of god, KEEP CAM MCCAUL FROM SPEAKING.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm going to agree with most other sentiments. The first half of the movie sucked, little too much butter smooth jumping for my tastes and poor editing (really? selective color dirtjumping? what is this, bad engagement portraits?), aside from Hill's segment. In the same vein, soundtrack for the first half wasn't really what I was expecting - Rise Against and pop-punk queens combined with crappy white people reggae. I'm okay with the single RAesque offering they normally put in their movies, but this seemed a little barrage-like.

It really seemed to be coming into its own in the last fifteen minutes, but then it abruptly ended. I felt like it seemed kind of rushed and hashed together - pressure from sponsors to release a product at Sea Otter? I know Fraser was talking about shooting while they were filming on the Shore a mere month or two before it was to be released. I think with a few more months of filming and a little more congruent editing they could've released something fantastic. I definitely felt like it had the potential to be spectacular, but fell short for pretty mundane reasons.

Also:
Way too heavy on dumb brostoke narration...worse than previous Collective movies. I know they've always been pretty bad in that regard (something I've overlooked because of the superb quality of everything else), but it was definitely worse this time around. For the love of god, KEEP CAM MCCAUL FROM SPEAKING.
You pretty much nailed it.
The whole "brostoke" :rofl: thing just grates on my nerves.

Mr Lahey

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
You pretty much nailed it.
The whole "brostoke" :rofl: thing just grates on my nerves.
Worst trend in action sports movies... I used to buy about 10 ski movies per season and now I won't buy a single one due to having to listen to some dumbass using words that aren't in a dictionary.

slowmtb

Monkey
Aug 17, 2008
ChurChur, NZ

Also:
Summed up nicely :thumb:

Thank goodness, I thought my head was in a noose when I posted my disappointment with this movie, although I didn't get flamed like I thought I would :)

cool breeze

Chimp
May 8, 2010
I thought it was amazing! Sam and Matt's section were sick. The editing was tight and the cinematography was incredible. You can pick apart all you want but it was good and worth the $10 on iTunes.

cool breeze

Chimp
May 8, 2010
I saw a post on vitalmtb.com that showed how to buy Follow Me from the iTunes UK store or any country.

You create a free iTunes US account, buy an iTunes Gift Card, then get Follow Me from the iTunes US store.

Here are the steps:

1. Get iTunes US "Free account
http://techwiredau.com/2008/09/grab-a-free-itunes-account-for-any-country

2. Make sure there is a free app in your basket when creating your US account, this way at check out iTunes will not ask for a credit card and you can check the "NONE" checkbox.

3. Buy an iTunes gift card from this site for iTunes US Store.
http://itunes-express.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

5. Log in to your iTunes US Free account and your redeem gift code.

6. Buy Follow Me and enjoy!

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I was also hoping my pre order got here before the thing come out... but what the hell, I also downloading it and just saw it.

I found the vid OKAY. The only part that really did it for me was the Gee and S. Smith section... by far. Good music, epic shots and great riding, its what its all about. Just looking at that segment makes me wanna ride, and GO TO NZ! wow!

For the most part, the video blew me away with the massive jumps and air. The bike parks segment was cool, but not cool enough to watch it twice, I think that with all the cuts in it, you just get dizzy. Would have been nice to enjoy a longer vid (50 mins worth riding, not 35) and made that section a bit longer.

You do have to hand it to them, they did put some epic shots!

The music was kinda off, sometimes just spot on, and just others not really doing it for me.

7/10

although, because it does have a good finish to it..

8/10

Zaphoid

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
So I am just wondering here, alot of you seem to have been pretty disappointed in this movie. I am just wondering exactly what other MTB films are you comparing it to in order to come to that opinion??

I cant really think of anything i have ever watched mtb wise that beats it. All the collective movies are kind of exactly the same,thats sorta the point I think.

If this movie doesnt get you stoked to ride nothing will.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
In comparison to the old collective movies its is actually different. It spices it up a lot, but I dont really like how it is composed in comparison to the old ones. The old ones flow together a bit better than this one IMO

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
i'm one of the people that also have the "pre order" dvd in the mail, should've just waited to buy it on itunes...hope the dvd comes with extras that make it worth the $34. $20 more for just having it on a dvd doesn't seem that worth it...

anybody get their dvd yet????

cool breeze

Chimp
May 8, 2010
DVD's shipped today is what I was told from VAS and the DVD does have extra's footage that iTUnes doesn't have. I pre-ordered as well but bought the iTunes version for my iphone.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
I know exactly what turns me off with this movie, the editing!

I have tried to watch it, but I always turn it of.

If you like the NWD series post the 2nd film where everything goes in slo-mo, you will like this movie. The editing is perfect and focuses on the "coolness factor" of the riders and their riding. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTSSSSSSSSSSS of slo-mo :eek:

If you like the Earthed movies with riders riding fast - you will probably find the editing of "follow me" a bit boring and annoying.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
DVD's shipped today is what I was told from VAS and the DVD does have extra's footage that iTUnes doesn't have. I pre-ordered as well but bought the iTunes version for my iphone.
I just noticed that the blu-ray option has popped up...... I pre-ordered the DVD, any way I could switch it to blu-ray?