Place- EMS SoHo, corner of Broadway and Spring Streets
Price- $15 donation

more info here

Come through.

Bigdroptoflat

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Maryland
Saw it on friday night at the world premier. This movie is AMAZING. Probably some of the best filming/riding i've ever seen. Nothing else even comes close, Anthill really stepped it up with this one.

I hope that more mountain bike movies are made in the same type of HD format as Follow Me, it really adds to the experience.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
It's cool that it's filmed in HD and all but isn't it only being released on DVD/iTunes? Is it going to be available in HD through iTunes? Otherwise, seems like a waste.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
HD movies are available on iTunes, if that is what you're asking. Shooting in HD has benefits for an SD release as well (color, slow-mo and other effects).

I'm looking forward to the NYC premiere!

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
HD movies are available on iTunes, if that is what you're asking. Shooting in HD has benefits for an SD release as well (color, slow-mo and other effects).

Just wishing for a Blu-Ray copy, but if it's HD in iTunes maybe that will be a better option than DVD.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

but shooting with a Red One and releasing it in SD is basically a waste of money

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I don't agree with you. The higher-quality source should result in a better SD output. Higher contrast, more color to work with, etc. Follow Me on DVD should look much better than older MTB films shot on tiny-CCD cameras.

I'm hoping for a Blu-Ray version too, but I'd be just as happy with a 1080p download.

but shooting with a Red One and releasing it in SD is basically a waste of money

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I don't agree with you. The higher-quality source should result in a better SD output. Higher contrast, more color to work with, etc. Follow Me on DVD should look much better than older MTB films shot on tiny-CCD cameras.

I'm hoping for a Blu-Ray version too, but I'd be just as happy with a 1080p download.
if there wont be a BD version or something released on ITunes in 1080p, then spending $25k + on a single camera is worthless. even if a hi-res video is available on Itunes, it still wont look anywhere near what a BD movie would look like.

they can still get a great recording with prosumer and or a pro camera costing a fraction of the cost of the Red One.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Jamis Bikes and Liberty's Bar and Grill have upped the ante by providing FREE BEER for all 21+ moviegoers. That's right- FREE BEER.

Don't miss it!

Also, I just previewed to film, and it's hot. The RED camera did not go to waste, as they've really pushed the low-light capabilities. It's by far the most gorgeously-filmed and edited MTB movie yet.