Quantcast

Folsom Dirt Jump Jam Sept 12th Repost

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Since Heaths first thread got ruined by outdated 100 foot pictures. Here is a repost of there Jump Jam, with the new pics. Place looks ripping, and i will be going fo sho.

Here is Heaths original post.
Check out norcalhub.com and go to cyclebration or the fam jam icon and get full details. This is a Redbull sponsored event so expect some good times and a quality event. It will be held at the Cummings Family Park in Folsom and will have a whole new series of jumps built and designed for this comp. Including the world famous Red Bull ramps for those with the cajones to handle them.
Details include-BMX and MTB. Separate classes, one am BMX, one am MTB as well as an open Pro BMX class and an open Pro MTB class. So far the purse is up to $1500 for the pros and there are DJ frames and bikes as well as other cool schwag for the ams. Registration is open on Active.com and the jumps will be open next week I believe. If not, you can always come check em out and ride the rest of the park which has the redbull wallride and the newly finished dual cross course-yes I said dual cross. Come check it out!

Bowlegged tabes for the ender. Epic.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Thanks so much Zach. Yeah, George Stephenson III, Drew Powers, Mikey The MAd Haderer, Randy Spangler and countless others have put in some serious work to make the park a legit place to learn, practice and master your dirt jumping skills. Thanks as well to Armain and all the folks at Redbull as well. This last build night was epic as over 40 people showed up to help. We want to thank everyone for all your help and hard work, without you, this simply would not have happened. Can't wait to see you all on Thursday/Friday to watch the epic riding about to go down. It's gonna be sick!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
The event will begin at 3pm Friday afternoon. Open to the public and to riders from 3 til 4pm $10 entry fee. Then we will close to prep the jumps from 4 to 5:30. Practice from 5:30 til 6:30 (closed to public) 6:45-8pm Qualifying (Two judged runs each, top 8-10 competitors from each category advance to FAM JAM finals). 8-9pm Fam Jam Finals ( BEst of Two runs score wins). 9-9:30pm Fam JAm Awards/Podium. 9:30-11pm Park reopens to public.
First Place for Pro MTB and BMX is $450! Second is $200 and Third is $100 plus TONS OF SWAG FOR THE AM CLASS. We are still working on BMX prizes as they were not as on top of it as the MTB crew. A 2009 Cannondale CHase Frame, Big Earl Wheels, WTB Tires, Saddles, Grips, Pedals, all sorts of goodies will be handed out to the top five in each class. Thanks to all our sponsors,The Hub in Roseville, Cannondale, Trek, Michelin, WTB, Troy Lee Designs, Fox Racing, GU, Smith Optics, Snafu, Primo, and hopefully some others. Shouts to the boys at Ride SFO and College Cyclery as well, thanks for the support. The Hub will be on hand with goods for sale as well. Pizza, drinks and snacks will be available through the concession stand, live music, beautiful jumps.
Bring chairs as there are only a few picnic benches and bleachers but plenty of grass to sit on. It's gonna be fun! See you soon...

Last edited:

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Today is the Day! Sounds like TONS of folks are coming out to be the first year FAM JAM Champ! Big Shout out to Aaron over at SOLID BMX for coming through for the ams this year with a brand new AA Frame and Fork with swag galore! GO Aaron, good to meet you. For those of you who read this, remember the people that sponsor events you love when you go to buy a bike or wheel or tires or whatever they are hookin you up with, cuz without them, these things don't happen. See you out there!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
The event was awesome. Good course, good crowd, and I guess the announcing was ok :D

Super fun to watch, and there were some real rippers tearing it up out there. Jamie Goldman won the mountain bike comp, and some kid named Andrew Taylor was throwing down huge and got 2nd. The kid who got 3rd in pro mountain bike had his 360 tailwhips dialed. It was sweet.

The BMXers were throwing down big too. Saw plenty of backflips and 360s, along with a couple 3-whips and even an attempted 720.

Thanks to Heath and The Hub for putting on an awesome event. I'm stoked I was able to be there.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
The event was awesome. Good course, good crowd, and I guess the announcing was ok :D

Super fun to watch, and there were some real rippers tearing it up out there. Jamie Goldman won the mountain bike comp, and some kid named Andrew Taylor was throwing down huge and got 2nd. The kid who got 3rd in pro mountain bike had his 360 tailwhips dialed. It was sweet.

The BMXers were throwing down big too. Saw plenty of backflips and 360s, along with a couple 3-whips and even an attempted 720.

Thanks to Heath and The Hub for putting on an awesome event. I'm stoked I was able to be there.
Yeah, So much fun, **** was going off.

lots of free redbull too!

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
Stoked! My friend Brad got 1st place in AM men MTB and won a chase frame. Friend Jesse got 4th in Pro men MTB. But my other friend riding on the comp, Jacob, fell and had to get stitches on his face. No fun but everyone is super stoked!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Wow, what a weekend. The event and support was amazing, you guys came out in full force and really made the event fun and loud! We learned a lot about how to run a freeride event and will have it really dialed next year, we're already planning for next year and it's gonna have a lot more industry presence so be looking for details starting next Sea Otter! Thanks again to all of our sponsors, Cannondale, Solid BMX, Trek, Yeti, Gu, The city of Folsom, Redbull, Troy Lee Designs, Fox Racing, Superior Mortgage, Bag King, and Second Chance Legal. You guys ROCK!!! Thanks to all who came out and supported us, we couldn't have done it without you.
H

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Results. Only five deep, sorry. FAM JAM RESULTS 2008

OPEN MTB

1. JAMIE GOLDMAN
2. ANDREW TAYLOR
3. BRIAN MILLER
4. RYAN HOWARD
5. JESSE NICKELL