Quantcast

Folsom MTB skills park,work party Sat March24!!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Just got word from the representive from the Folsom parks and rec dept , there will be another work party for the FolsomMTB skills parkthis Saturday from 9am-1pm

The park is located at Cummings Family park
Yahoo maped
There is lunch provided to everyone who comes out to help and it's always a fun time !! This week we will we working on finishing the skinies sections and starting on the curved wall ride also !!:shocked:
Hope to see everyone out there Saturday !:clapping:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Well the built party was a success , Big thanks to Connundrum1 and morethanjake for coming out to help built some shinnies !!

There will be another work party next Saturday and the Saturday after that if your free please come out and help . the more work we get done the faster the park will be open for everyone to come ride!!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I am going to hate the first hour tomorrow morning -- waking up, taking a shower, and eating.

But then, when we're working, it'll all be wourth it. Seriously. It's hard to remember how tired you are when you're actually doing something. YEIS!

wspanish

Chimp
Jul 9, 2006
I'm glad I finally got to make it out this morning. It's looking good guys. I'll see ya next week.
---Chris

PS: Anybody know a prospective open date for the park...I'm itching to ride.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Great work today guys !!! THANK YOU !!
The skills section is now finished and next up is building the wall ride. I will try to get back out ot the park to take some photos of the completed skills section .

Next up is the potato chip wall ride , some of you might have seen the post out there today, here's an idea of what the wall ride / potato chip is going to look like , the wall itself is going to be VERY big with the overall height of the support post the city has set being a total of 15-ft high , the plan is to build a 6-7ft dirt mound all around with the wall on top of this mound .

First photo is of the poles set into the ground , these were set by using a power auger to dig 24-in deep holes to give you an idea using the power auger gives you the same feeling in your forearms after 1 hole as a full day of DH at N* and like any city job we did hit one power line in the process :) LOL

Here's a illustration of what the proposed dirt mound will look like before we add the potato chip wall ride .

And finally here's a shot of the final product , wall ride and dirt transition . Please do not flame my horrible P shop skills these were just done quickly to give the city an idea of what they were talking about building .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Here are a few shot's of the completed skills section .... for now .
This is the set up for now so we can open the park up soon and see how things go .

The opening section

Overview of the first section

Looking back at the first section

Looking into the second section

Overview of the last section

A side shot of the last section

A head on shot looking into the final turn which you can take as a drop at the end or ride around as a wooden pump track

Another angle of the last turn

The end / FIN

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I couldn't work, but I came by on my lunch hour and rode the wallride and skinnies (finally!).

It doesn't look like there will be real doubles, but it seems as though some tables are planned. The ones built when I showed up today don't look too promising, but I'm sure a few work days will change that. The wallride is super fun, though! It could use a kicker into it, but this whole thing is a work in process. Yay!

Props for everyone who helped today.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Major Props to EVERYONE who help with this park along the way .
I jsut ride up there to check out the wall ride and everything that got done yesterday and THE PARK IS OPEN !!!!!

Bring your $2 and get your session on !!!

(in the voice of Cartman )
See you guys later , I'm going to the MTB park !!!

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
yea, they opened the park partially on saturday. how you like that wall ride brad? we missed you out there yesterday but we got a ton of work done.

Thanks a million to the FATRAC crew for coming out and giving it their all. Every single volunteer (even the young ones) were out shoveling dirt and screwing in boards.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
yea, they opened the park partially on saturday. how you like that wall ride brad? we missed you out there yesterday but we got a ton of work done.

Thanks a million to the FATRAC crew for coming out and giving it their all. Every single volunteer (even the young ones) were out shoveling dirt and screwing in boards.
Well honestly a 15ft wall is totally OVERKILL :disgust1: it needs more ride and less wall , with all my might I would only get about 5ft high across the center section :plthumbsdown: that's like 10ft of unused wall :disgust:

I did figure out of semi big flowing lines , sorta fun

ride4soul

Chimp
Mar 29, 2007
Folsom - near Sacto
i'm gonna take my camera up there tonight and snap a few pics of the park then ride a bit if i can scrounge up $2!

also waiting on some action photos from saturday's work/ride day...i they come in tonight i'll post them up in here or at least post a link to where i have them.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
i'm gonna take my camera up there tonight and snap a few pics of the park then ride a bit if i can scrounge up $2!

also waiting on some action photos from saturday's work/ride day...i they come in tonight i'll post them up in here or at least post a link to where i have them.
What time you going out ??
I'd be down for another shesh of the wall , it's huge and overkill but also REALLY FUN !!! ( sorta forgot to mention that in previous post )

ride4soul

Chimp
Mar 29, 2007
Folsom - near Sacto
just saw your post, bro...let me know if you're hitting it tomorrow; i could swing up there after work.

otherwise i'm sure after sea otter there'll be a few ppl ready to have a go at it.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
actually reed, you were getting pretty high. almost half way. if a kicker gets put in then you'll be getting much higher and using 3/4 of the wall. the bottom 3 feet or so is covered in dirt and more might be added.
but the wall came out pretty good for being built by a bunch of people that don't build wall rides for a living, there are still a few adjustments that need to be done. but such good practice for whistler. and those skinnies are good practice for the north shore if we decide to go there while we are in that area.
but i'm surely hitting this park on a regular basis. see everyone there.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I rode it on tuesday. My buddy got about a foot from the top, so I guess it just depends on how you hit it? I will post pictures when I get back from my trip. Auburn was incredible, just rode that drop and the jumps and the top part of some of those trailsnear the bridge. Sick area.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
EDIT: I just talked to chad from the Folsom parks and rec and there is no longer a top tube and handle bar pad rule for the mtb park !